Tee's

Bikky73

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Regarding T's what kind of height are people using with drivers?

I've got no issue's with irons, I use a a lowish one maybe 1-1.5cm high and have no issues.

But my driving is horrible, and I'd like to know what kind of heigh people use, either approx height, or that compare to ball/driver.

ta.

requested by a now useless player.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
At most I only have a third of the ball above the top of the driver usually less. It all depends on how you hit the ball.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pink castles here too although the grooves in our winter mats are so bad I have to use silver in some of them. I like the consistent height with castle tees so one less thing to think about !

Bikky73

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hmm, now I used to do good off the white castles, albeit slice a little. Mrs was using pinks or silvers, Might try Whites tomorrow, and if that fails the back 9 on pinks.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good old fashioned wooden ones for me (with ecologically friendly paint allegedly - Homer the tree hugger) which I'll just push in and then adjust up and down once I put the ball on and the club behind it. It's normally pretty easy to get the same height everytime

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I like to tee the ball high so that I can hit on the upswing. I used to use grey castle tees that were the correct height and lose one every other tee, but have now some garish orange ones the same height. I have managed to use the same tee for four months now with my driver.

Last edited:

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Like homer good old wood tees. Normally have half the ball showing above. Unless hitting high with the ball well forward in stance. Then nearly all the ball above.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Wooden ones for me too. I'll peg the ball up and generally have half the ball above the face of the driver if I want to cart one into the trees on the right. If I fancy rummaging through the trees on the left, I'll tee it up a bit higher and play the ball more forward in my stance. This promotes a wonderfully high soaring hook. If I want to hit the ball straight down the middle on a perfect trajectory I'll play a texas scramble and take my partners drive.