Tees

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
70 mm wooden ones for driving and when they break it leaves a nice length tee for all the other shots.

Not that fussed in reality whatever comes to hand in terms of plastic or wood. I like the bees tees simply because I was given two bags of them. I have a box of 1000 wooden ones that have been unopened for about 6 years since starting to use the bees tees.

Off mats I find castle tees are much more stable. I use orange/lime castle tees for iron shots and a red castle for 3 wood shots and pink castle tees for the driver.

D

Deleted member 1147

I’ve gone for custom fit, monogrammed, endangered Rosewood tees 👌

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Orange castles for driver, wooden ones for everything else.
Never bought a wooden tee in my life. There are millions lying around left by golfers who don't care, can't bend down or are too wealthy or lazy to care.

D

Deleted member 15717

I’ve recently made a transition to plastic as a bit of a test.
Orange 70mm for driver
Some smaller red for woods
Tiny orange ones for irons.

Also have a small’ish yellow one for a lower driver shot

Once over the stigma of plastic tees, it’s not so bad. Only need to carry a couple in the pocket...adds a few mph swing speed....;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve recently made a transition to plastic as a bit of a test.
Orange 70mm for driver
Some smaller red for woods
Tiny orange ones for irons.

Also have a small’ish yellow one for a lower driver shot

Once over the stigma of plastic tees, it’s not so bad. Only need to carry a couple in the pocket...adds a few mph swing speed....;)
Eh? What stigma?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No way of saying this without sound like a douche.

Off low single figures, it seems a bit of an embarrassment to be using plastic tees.

Same as using yellow balls...
Haha! What a load of rubbish. Fair enough mate. I'd rather buy a bag of tees that lasts 18 months rather than 18 holes. :LOL:

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Did use wooden tees but decided to go to plastic castle tees for consistency of height.

But given the current general concerns about plastic in the environment etc, I think I'll go back to wooden.

You could use the Bamboo ones bought at oceanteagolf.com as they are environmentally friendly.

NearHull

Visit site
I started to play golf on an American Forces course overseas in 1992, they had a displayed policy of wooden tees only - environmental issue. (Also soft spikes only).

Some years later in the Uk I knew a member who ordered plastic tees on line and upped his order of a packet of 12 tees to a a pack of a gross, but finger trouble determined that he ended up with 144 bags of 12 tees! Unsure how he didn't notice the price hike. I assume he's still walking off each tee box without bothering to pick up his tee peg!

I still only ever use wooden tees.