TeeOffTimes

Tompy

Visit site
2 for 1 offer on this app (use code FESTIVE) means I’ll play my 1st par 71 course on Saturday.
I started playing golf in July and have only played a par 3 course. I’m quite nervous; not using an iron off the tee is daunting!
Any tips? I don’t have a driver, but my 3 wood on the range is ok-ish. (I think)

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just take a smooth swing and don’t try and hit the ball too hard. Other than that just enjoy it and don’t worry about slices, topped shots etc - you will be surprised how often regular golfers hit these.

Let us know how you get on.

Mrs Wiggles

Visit site
2 for 1 offer on this app (use code FESTIVE) means I’ll play my 1st par 71 course on Saturday.
I started playing golf in July and have only played a par 3 course. I’m quite nervous; not using an iron off the tee is daunting!
Any tips? I don’t have a driver, but my 3 wood on the range is ok-ish. (I think)

Just enjoy it, and don't worry about how many shots it takes to get round.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just take a smooth swing and don’t try and hit the ball too hard. Other than that just enjoy it and don’t worry about slices, topped shots etc - you will be surprised how often regular golfers hit these.

Let us know how you get on.

This is spot on in all aspects. You will be tempted to try to hid the ball too hard, don't.

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
The main thing when starting, is to have in mind when you hit a bad shot, that even the very best hit some shockers too!!! Try and stay calm, use your head, and work on your course management.