Tee peg custom fitting

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Help Guys...
I'm re-fripping a batch of tees I got off ebay and I'm really struggling to find the right size...
Any ideas?

Also I'm thinking of reshafting them, wood just seems so 19th Century.....

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Does anyone know where I can buy a tee retriever?

I see so many lying around I was thinking a good business idea might be had in collecting them and bagging them together in batches of say 500 and I could flog to friends or other players for as much as a pound each!

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
During a round with my dad and two other seniors, sweary Bob (name changed) plays his drive, his usual 50yd duff to the left, followed by his usual expletive out burst, as he bent to pick up his tee, it wasn't there, "anyone seen my tee, it's pink", to wind him up I told him there was a Cerise tee behind him, to which his reply was, "it's <expletive> pink!!!"

Sweary Bob, is in his 80's.

I think a good idea for tees would be to have them fitted with a clapper or whistle recognition device, so when it goes awol, you just clap or whistle and the tee then emits a little beep to let you know where it is.

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just a quick rule clarification:

If I don't like my tee shot, and want to take it again (even if it's in the middle of the fairway), should I use the same tee? Or is that allowing me an advantage, because I already know how this tee reacts?

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just a quick rule clarification:

If I don't like my tee shot, and want to take it again (even if it's in the middle of the fairway), should I use the same tee? Or is that allowing me an advantage, because I already know how this tee reacts?

I would say the same rule applies to tees as it does to balls, in that you have to finish any given hole with the same tee (ball) you started with. In the event of a broken or damaged tee, as long as the damage is accidental or through normal use I would say it is safe to replace with an alternative without penalty. In the same ruling that when a ball is lost the player incurrs a one stroke penalty, the same in theory could be applied to lost tees.

So if you were really unlucky, an errant tee shot sends the ball OOB, the tee then vanishes also, you could be playing 4 off the tee. One shot penalty for lost ball, one shot penalty for lost tee and your 4th shot ong the par 4 357yd becomes a par saving hole in one attempt.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Just a thought....... Is everyone using R&A conforming tees? :eek:

Jay Gee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Listen folks. If you get properly fitted for a tee, you should never have to buy another tee again. The manufacturers will have you believe all sorts of rubbish with their wildly exaggerated claims about their latest tee, but if you have more money than sense go ahead.

I have my tee professionally cleaned and refurbished at the start of every season and have been gaming the same tee for ages. I might have to get it refurbished between holes too, but it's more environmentally friendly. My pro only charges £2 to refurbish my tee and it looks good as new each time. Doesn't take him more than a minute to do it round the back either so it doesn't slow my round down much at all. I can still get round in 6.5 hours on a good day depending on how far I am from the pro shop when the tee needs an emergency refurb.

Nothing wrong with gaming pick-ups either. I can't remember the last time I bought a tee, ha ha. :smug:

D

Deleted member 1147

I can't believe how many of you are using tees. It's totally outside the spirit of the game in my humble opinion.
I'm still using a little pile of sand like Harry Varden used.

Tees, pah, whatever next Hybrids instead of Spoons?

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm still using a little pile of sand like Harry Varden used.

I used a small tee the other day on short par 3 it was a clean crisp srtike left the tee in one piece, ball lasered onto the pin it was shock, horror and nearly left a little pile myself, thought the ball was in the hole.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I had a teeing lesson just last week.

I was having trouble such that after pushing the tee into the ground it kept coming back out again as I stood up - the pro said I wasn't timing the release properly!

It's work in progress, the feel hasn't bedded in properly yet.... or the tee!

I'll keep you posted and try to get some vids for the 'experts' :thup:

Matty

Tour Rookie
Visit site
After reading this thread I decided I should finally get fitted properly. The experience was quite an eye opener for me, I really didn't think it could be that complex. The fitter (Tom I think he was called) spent quite some time making sure the flex and lie angle of the tee was perfect for me.

It's being made right now and should be here by next weekend! Can't wait to try it out in the comp that weekend!! :)

daymond

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You need to be very careful over the choice of tee as they vary greatly in being able to cope with the Coriolis Effect. Too technical to explain it here. Wikipedia will explain the effect. Good hunting.

V

vkurup

I just got some Madras Tees. These are (extra) hot-face-Tees and can burn hole in the ball. I am not sure if these are legal in comps though.

(Note to self... i should NOT be buying tee at my local Indian)