Tee Dilema

Titleist3

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

Just in a weird mood and thinking about golf.

I have never noticed until now but do you think the angle of a tee makes a difference when teeing off?

Cheers

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Having the tee tilted forward at 13.5° from vertical is scientifically proven to launch the ball 17 yards longer than one tilted 13.5° backwards as long as you're using a brand new driver........😙

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having the tee tilted forward at 13.5° from vertical is scientifically proven to launch the ball 17 yards longer than one tilted 13.5° backwards as long as you're using a brand new driver........😙

Don't you have to cube the loft of the driver and then take the square root of the tee box width and divide the sum by your swing speed ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm having a dilemma with my tee aswell

I use a pink castle with driver and my mate says I hit the floor with my driver a tad but when I tee higher I get under it and loose distance

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the OP was in fact referring to the teebox being at an angle to the required line of play then, yes, absolutely.

The one that instantly comes to mind is the 2nd at Croham Hurst in South Croydon. Where ever you stand on the tee box, the shape of it and even the mowing lines point about 30* left of the line of play - straight into heavy rough then trees. Not what a leftie or right handed drawer of the ball really needs to see.

http://www.chgc.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/hole_plan_/public/planHole2.png?itok=4VOFt-lf

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
If the OP was in fact referring to the teebox being at an angle to the required line of play then, yes, absolutely.

The one that instantly comes to mind is the 2nd at Croham Hurst in South Croydon. Where ever you stand on the tee box, the shape of it and even the mowing lines point about 30* left of the line of play - straight into heavy rough then trees. Not what a leftie or right handed drawer of the ball really needs to see.

http://www.chgc.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/hole_plan_/public/planHole2.png?itok=4VOFt-lf
That is what I was thinking Roger. Our 9th tee points down the out of bounds and road. :eek:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What screws me is when the green keepers cut the tee and out the markers back on a total wonk. I no don't tee off between markers but close to one so the other is completely out of my mind

Question: if you was to tee off and then correct the line of the markers for groups behind so they actually pointed in the correct direction would there be any form of penalty? Obviously you couldn't do it in comps as it's changing the course layout...

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Easy peasy for you cack handers. Line up square with where the tee points and duck Hook. Middle of fairway. Simples

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've found if you tilt it forward you'll hit a lower drive and if you tilt it back you'll get a higher flight with more carry. Likewise tilting it left or right for a draw or fade........................

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If it's tee box then like the above we have a few holes if you stand square ans line yourself up to were the tee box points you then you will hit it to the heavy stuff.

And tbh I do find it much harder to get off these boxs as silly as it sounds. For example if on my 5th its OB down the left tee box points you down the left side so you aim right.

But heres the thing this happens to me all to much the more I aim right when hitting the ball I end up closing my face at impact and its something in my subconscious telling me to square my self up to the square tee box when making the swing..

It's the same on a couple of other tees I need to sometimes really fight it to keep my ball in play

It's the same in the driving range mats hit it no problem when standing square to the mat put me at a angle and f&&k knows what's going to happen lol