Taylormade p770 custom fit

Ibuyalotofclubs

Visit site
I got custom fit for my Taylormade p770 irons and was very excited until to think I was getting them in September. Only to be told by my fitter that custom fit irons would now be released early November. Looks like it’s a Christmas present rather than a birthday present. What’s happened Taylormade?? Anyone else been given the bad news.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was talking to my Pro about a new driver. The releases are happening but the stock is not there. The big retailers have actually taken the first build volumes. I can imagine if you have something a bit away from average your either going to get it quick or be waiting for a while.
It explains the demand on eBay as well ... which to be honest I have benefited massively from and my wife is very happy with me.. I got a pat on the head and a good boy look

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
That’s an improvement I had a custom fit for TM irons and wedges in August and was then advised post order that they aren’t going to be delivered until mid December and the wedges mid September.

They did however both arrive yesterday so a delay on wedges but an improvement on irons. The pro is re-gripping them for me and I should be able to pick up this afternoon.

As mentioned pandemic is directly affecting labour, supply chain, and logistics generally it’s not a huge surprise.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Worldwide pandemic and the supply of most golf equipment has been severely affected for a few months now.

That said, they've known for ages so they should be telling you before taking your money.

This.

4 weeks seems to be the standard lead time for most golf manufacturers at the moment, although some are better than others. I got my Titleist wedges in just over two weeks, whilst a friend cancelled his Taylormade wedges after 5 weeks because TM still couldn't give him a solid delivery date. The store's and pro's are in limbo too, they are given the lead time when they place the order, and left to take the brunt of customer anger when the manufacturers don't deliver. Might be a while before normal service is resumed.

Ibuyalotofclubs

Visit site
Worldwide pandemic and the supply of most golf equipment has been severely affected for a few months now.

That said, they've known for ages so they should be telling you before taking your money.
Not surprising. I was told the beginning of November but hearing it’s been pushed out another month. I’ll probably keep them tucked up in the box for next year. (If there is going to be a season)

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Been fitted for the p790's in early sept no sign of them yet, but I was told at fitting/ordering that it would be a while due to covid restricting production etc.

Grantley1988

Assistant Pro
Visit site
People ordering standard p770’s are expecting delivery in December now. A pal order his on release date! Apparently it’s the shafts which are slowing things down.

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
Got fitted for p790s and expected an 8 week wait as he said was a shortage on heads but got them after 4 weeks. Ordered 22nd July picked up 20th August.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
This.

4 weeks seems to be the standard lead time for most golf manufacturers at the moment, although some are better than others. I got my Titleist wedges in just over two weeks, whilst a friend cancelled his Taylormade wedges after 5 weeks because TM still couldn't give him a solid delivery date. The store's and pro's are in limbo too, they are given the lead time when they place the order, and left to take the brunt of customer anger when the manufacturers don't deliver. Might be a while before normal service is resumed.
yes, Mizuno used to be about a week, but even they are quoting 25 days now

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Should be releasing if they cannot support the orders .. I get the we weren’t expecting that argument but this is a bit beyond.

sunshine

Visit site
Will we be bothering with golf next year if we can’t get what we want for 3 months. ??????

For a new golfer like you it must be frustrating if you don't have any clubs and can't play.

For most people it's really not a problem to carry on with current clubs for another month or two.

sunshine

Visit site
I was talking to my Pro about a new driver. The releases are happening but the stock is not there. The big retailers have actually taken the first build volumes. I can imagine if you have something a bit away from average your either going to get it quick or be waiting for a while.
It explains the demand on eBay as well ... which to be honest I have benefited massively from and my wife is very happy with me.. I got a pat on the head and a good boy look

Was chatting to the manager at my local AG at the weekend. It's not just supply issues due to COVID, but actually the huge increase in demand. He told me they had sold 12 months worth of gear in the last 3-4 months.