Cancelling custom fit irons order?

Dan_B1990

Visit site
See this thread...
https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/unreasonable-delay-for-new-irons.107866/unread
I went through it with AG, who eventually gave me a full refund when I went legal on them.
Happy to DM you with wording for a letter, if you want. Obviously your circumstances may be different to mine.
Hi RichA, just done a search on google about a very similar issue and came across this. Went into AG store on 3 separate occasions to cancel custom fit order and was basically dismissed by very obnoxious staff on each occasion. Would you be able to DM me the wording for the letter you used as I've tried everything else with them.

RichA

Visit site
Hi RichA, just done a search on google about a very similar issue and came across this. Went into AG store on 3 separate occasions to cancel custom fit order and was basically dismissed by very obnoxious staff on each occasion. Would you be able to DM me the wording for the letter you used as I've tried everything else with them.
Sorry, but my old laptop that it was on has since been wiped and donated.

After describing every interaction of the sale and my attempts to get the goods I'd paid for in a Word doc, I basically copied and pasted Sec 28 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015...
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/section/28
...then using a different colour font, noted under each subsection every way that AG had breached the sales contract.
I informed them that I considered our contract at an end and required a full refund.

They responded with references to their T&Cs, which were only relevant to online sales, then claimed that custom orders are exempt from the CRA, which isn't true.

In every communication I asked them to refer me to their Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme, which they always ignored.
I then informed them that I'd taken legal advice via my home insurance, which was true, and that I'd reported them to Trading Standards, which was also true. At that point they offered me a full refund.

Good luck, but I wouldn't be surprised if they now have a notice in shops or on order slips making the customer acknowledge that they can't commit to specific delivery dates.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can really see this being a problem going forward. Not only have people who have ordered clubs missed the entire season with them, the next release schedule will start soon and people will be receiving clubs that are now an out of date model and, no doubt, heavily discounted.

Dan_B1990

Visit site
Sorry, but my old laptop that it was on has since been wiped and donated.

After describing every interaction of the sale and my attempts to get the goods I'd paid for in a Word doc, I basically copied and pasted Sec 28 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015...
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/section/28
...then using a different colour font, noted under each subsection every way that AG had breached the sales contract.
I informed them that I considered our contract at an end and required a full refund.

They responded with references to their T&Cs, which were only relevant to online sales, then claimed that custom orders are exempt from the CRA, which isn't true.

In every communication I asked them to refer me to their Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme, which they always ignored.
I then informed them that I'd taken legal advice via my home insurance, which was true, and that I'd reported them to Trading Standards, which was also true. At that point they offered me a full refund.

Good luck, but I wouldn't be surprised if they now have a notice in shops or on order slips making the customer acknowledge that they can't commit to specific delivery dates.
Thanks for this, I’ll give it a go and see what happens. Thanks again.