Taylormade M1 - WOW

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Well, I succumbed this morning, heading off to the club early with a nice wedge of cash. Unfortunately, there wasn't the shaft I wanted to go with the head/loft I wanted. Oh well, looks like I'll need to fond another outlet.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well, I succumbed this morning, heading off to the club early with a nice wedge of cash. Unfortunately, there wasn't the shaft I wanted to go with the head/loft I wanted. Oh well, looks like I'll need to fond another outlet.

How did you decide what head/shaft combo to go for?

Have you had a play with a few or just know what works for you?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
How did you decide what head/shaft combo to go for?

Have you had a play with a few or just know what works for you?

Was looking to get a lot more loft, and a higher launching shaft. I often use a Flightscope/Trackman, and know my swing speed is dipping(age) and I need to switch to reg from stiff. There were plenty of 9.5/10.5 and stiff but I wanted to try 12* and reg. It may well be I end up with 10.5 and stiff but I want to be able to discount something after trying it.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bit late to the party on this but OMG. Had a few goes with one of these tonight on the course and I think I have to buy one.

We were smacking drives off the 18th late in the evening. Using my old 910 and a mates r15. Another fella we know walks over from the 1st green and joins in smacking a few drives. He hands me his m1 2016 and I absolutely pipe this thing about 25yards carry more than my 910. The ground is soft so no run at all. The flight was unreal. Just set off and flew through the wind. Noticeably lower spin.

I always new I was giving up distance playing my old titleist 910. Its been a faithful club, by and large, a fairway finder. Now the seed has been planted. I either need to get fit or just buy one of these.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I actually picked one up last week with the Kuro Kage shaft for £120. The plan was to test it out against my current Ping G and see how it goes. Couple of holes later and the Ping is now for sale. The first thing I love about the M1 is the sound, it is so much better than the Ping. It also seems that consistency of flight and distance is up with the M1. I had a few holes where the Ping just balooned or stayed very low, but didnt experience this with the M1.

Could all be down to new club syndrome but I have never hit so many fairways before and thats the main thing. On well struck shots with both, there was very little difference in distance. Although ground is wet at the moment and the M1 is flying higher as I have it set to 11.5 and weight right back.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Mines still in the bag mate

I am not surprised at all.

I'm sure its as good as any low spin driver out there.

I always had it pegged as a white driver I wouldn't like the look of but over the ball it sits really nicely with the black face, bit of white and black crown.

It was just the stock stiff 60gramm black Fujikora shaft in it. Felt great.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use an R11-S now, yes it's five years old, but it's been good enough to make me a full TaylorMade convert for drivers now. I'm sure I will progress to the M1 or M2 one day (probably when they're about five years old :D ).

Mastercracker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I actually picked one up last week with the Kuro Kage shaft for £120. The plan was to test it out against my current Ping G and see how it goes. Couple of holes later and the Ping is now for sale. The first thing I love about the M1 is the sound, it is so much better than the Ping. It also seems that consistency of flight and distance is up with the M1. I had a few holes where the Ping just balooned or stayed very low, but didnt experience this with the M1.

Could all be down to new club syndrome but I have never hit so many fairways before and thats the main thing. On well struck shots with both, there was very little difference in distance. Although ground is wet at the moment and the M1 is flying higher as I have it set to 11.5 and weight right back.

£120?!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site

Same things I love about my M1. The sound is just so pure, I love it. Driving it more consistently and further than with my 910 and absolutely love the look.

M2 is another story. The "geocoustic" bars make for an awful piercing ting sound, sounds completely different to the M1.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mind me asking where? Although I presume it was a complete fluke find at that price.

Was off Gumtree, guy local to me. Yeah complete fluke, guy just wanted rid of it as he had changed driver. I should have mentioned it wasn't brand new. Has a small mark on it but apart from that it is great.