taylormade drivers

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
hi all. i'm relativley new to golf and my pro is on hols for 2 weeks, hense this post.

can someone please explain the difference between the followning drivers

R9 460
R9 super tri
R9 Super deep

my handicap is 27

many thanks

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
About £100 each time.

R9 460 is a 460cc adjustable driver but you can't move the weights
R9 Super-Tri superceded the original R9, is 460 cc and is fully adjustable including weights.
R9 Super Deep is another version with a deep face.

All will be available in bargain buckets in the next few weeks when TM roll out another load to replace these.

All decent drivers by the way, if you like TM and don't mind your £300 pride and joy being superceded every 3 weeks.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
All decent drivers by the way, if you like TM and don't mind your £300 pride and joy being superceded every 3 weeks.

and if you can play with the world's longest shafts.... :D

The only players I've seen hit a TM driver with any consistency have tour models with sensible length shafts.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
i demo'd alot of drivers today. the winner by far was the super tri. it was the only TM club i hit. i'm 6ft 4 so the long shaft suits me.
as i'm new to golf i was unsure if i needed the £300 super tri as the R9 460 is only £160 at the moment. would i be right in guessing that there would be very little diffence in the two for my skill level?

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site

The only players I've seen hit a TM driver with any consistency have tour models with sensible length shafts.

that explains my bigslice, ive had to grip down the shaft to control it :eek:

griffgolf

Head Pro
Visit site
I have been using the Superdeep now for about 4 weeks and it is absolutely amazing.

My natural shape is left to right but as we all know with the big stick it turns into a BIG slice!!!!

With the deep face of the Superdeep it is made to create low spin and believe me it works a gem.....I now hit fairways 9 out of 10 times and outdrive most people I play with.

Practice thru the winter and I will be more than ready for the new season :) :) :)

Just got to sort the putting out now....lol

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
sorry, i must be thick. what's the difference between the R9 driver and then R9 460

The R9 is 420cc where as the R9 460 is 460cc,the R9 has moveable weight ports and change able hosel position the 460 doesn't have moveable weight ports but a change able hosel position.

Have just picked up an R9 460 TP with a stiff shaft have played 2 rounds with and am hitting it great :)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If it's a tm your after don't rule out the 09 burner. American golf have it at £89 at the moment and it's not s club to be sniffed at. In your position I'd opt for an 09/08 spec model discounted and bang the £100 down on lessons, you h/c will benefit more from it in my opinion.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've got the Tour Burner and it is a great driver. OK it doesn't have the bells and whistles of the R9 series and can't be adjusted but it performs really well. I did have the R7 Ltd but the Burner works much better for me.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site

that explains my bigslice, ive had to grip down the shaft to control it :eek:

RG's just become my hero too, now I have a reason for hanging the odd one in the bushes!

lee_leggett

Head Pro
Visit site
I use a taylor Made R7 Limited 8.5, its small and compact and the quality is A. I like the taylor made feel, I also have a 10.5 Burner for the winter months.

Have a go with a few different drivers. old and new...

D

Deleted member 1418

I have a plain "old" R9 and it is excellent. But the best thing you can do is try out a load of different drivers as priciest isn't always best. Both Ping and MD do great drivers for a fraction of the cost of an R9.