Taylor Made Irons

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
On my second set of 2014 TP MC irons, only changed as the faces were showing signs of age. Absolutely love them, fairly forgiving and certainly not short nor jacked lofts.
They are gorgeous, Rose,Kaymer and others used them so cant be a bad club in my eyes.
Screenshot_20190628-202545_Chrome.jpg

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've 3 sets of TM irons, without any issues (but not an M set) - I've also got a set of WS FF with original shafts...vaguely amusing to play with, especially as the ball is now larger than many of the heads, even the R9TP heads (which are listed on that test site as pretty much the least forgiving heads out there) are more fun 🤔

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I think some of the gear taylormade releases is definitely of poorer quality and designed to look flash/sell units rather than perform and stand the test of time. They have only just started selling z-spin wedges for 69.99 and everything about them is cheap even the grip feels terrible. Dont get me wrong, they do make quality forged irons but also make some pretty cheap stuff aswell which is designed to look good on the shop floor. I'm not hating on them just giving my honest opinion of them.

I've used some of their stuff in the past but I do prefer other forged iron makers and usually tend to sway back to a more understated look in the woods department. I think taylormade sells itself towards the very average and occasional golfers who want flash gear, they pay big bucks to tour staff and I think they market themselves well in order to get lots of sales from occasional and not aswell informed golfers (on the equipment side).

There are better options out there when it comes to equipment in my opinion and in terms of irons taylormade would probably be the last brand I'd look at when it came to looking for a set of sticks. Their irons always tend to have a longer blade length than I like to see. I do tend to use either pure blades or muscle back irons and play off a very low hc though so I'm probably not taylormades target market when it comes to selling.