Taking your hat off at then end of the 18th

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I always take my hat off to shake hands at the end, but honestly I only do it because I've seen others do it. Like, I learned it was the done thing so I just did it. The original meaning is basically lost in time. It's a "mark of respect" but honestly, if one of my mates forgot and shook my hand with his hat on, it's not like I'd be mortally offended at how he just disrespected me. We just do it because monkey see, monkey do. :LOL: I'll continue to do it when playing with other club members, just on the off chance one of them is a traditionalist who actually would get offended if I didn't.

Dellboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I never wear a hat / cap when playing but 99% of the people I played with always remove them before shaking hands on the 18th.

Not sure why but a lot of women I have played with don’t seem to do so, the odd few do but would say the majority don’t .

D

Deleted member 16999

I never wear a hat / cap when playing but 99% of the people I played with always remove them before shaking hands on the 18th.

Not sure why but a lot of women I have played with don’t seem to do so, the odd few do but would say the majority don’t .
I think this also goes back to “ye old days” men would remove their hat when going in doors, women didn’t, even now at things like weddings or funerals, men remove a hat if worn, women keep theirs on.
Also as previously said men would remove or “tip” their hat as a sign of respect or a greeting, women didn’t.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
4 year old thread brought back to life ,why?
Resurercted by a new member!

FWIW, I remove my cap if I'm wearing one. I'm likely to have already removed my glove. Not sure if I remove a Beanie if I'm wearing on - probably do.

Not removing visor doesn't seem, to me, to break any 'rules' though. No different to keeping sunglasses on - though I'd likely remove them.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Resurercted by a new member!

FWIW, I remove my cap if I'm wearing one. I'm likely to have already removed my glove. Not sure if I remove a Beanie if I'm wearing on - probably do.

Not removing visor doesn't seem, to me, to break any 'rules' though. No different to keeping sunglasses on - though I'd likely remove them.
Foxy I am like you, I will always remove my sunglasses as well. Not that I have been told to but I feel it’s just manners to look somebody in the eye when shaking hands

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've never thought of sunglasses as well. I suspect I've not taken them off and I don't see a genuine reason to do so. If I'm wearing them I tend to forget they are on. Really not an issue for me, but I guess I would say that.