Takeaways

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Rather bored and dreaming of a nicer lunch today and it got me thinking....

What's your favourite takeaway? And to go a step further, what's the full order you and the family go for?

I love a pizza, my wife absolutely hates pizzas from one place in Worcester which I absolutely love! Its your classic lower end Pizza joint that deliver in the finest boxes bookers sell in bulk, but its just the best pizza going, insane amounts of cheese and far cheaper and better than a Dominos in my eyes.

I'm also weak for a Chinese (especially after discovering salt and pepper chips), an Indian and a Chippy :ROFLMAO:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’m a sucker for Chinese. Me and my lad go to one of our locals once a week for a couple of pints and a takeaway whilst my wife and daughter take the healthy option and visit the gym.

My meal of choice is king prawns with hot garlic sauce and fried rice. Making me hungry just thinking about it.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Love crispy shredded beef and a good plain chow mein. Trouble is that living in the middle of nowhere means that very few actually deliver and so it is not like you can have a few drinks and decide to order one in last minute and so I rarely have them.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Chinese 😂

Or maybe a proper burger like Smashburger

Or Chippy

Or Indian

And sometimes a kebab

Don’t mind a pizza but not from Dominos etc

😂

But it’s Chinese - can’t beat

crispy duck

Then shredded beef

Sweet and sour chicken Cantonese style or maybe Balls

This reads like my mind was when I thought about it! Spoilt for choice and so many good ones!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Chippy takeaway, the original and still the best, haggis or sausage w/chips, salt n sauce

Much as I enjoy Chinese, chicken fried rice/noodles etc and Indian curry’s and am partial to a pizza now and again too and even just burgers. The chippy is by far the toughest one to try and replicate at home, so it takes the title!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love an indian but i can and do cook curries quite a lot. I also make my own Pizza and burgers and so the takeaway treat tends to be something I do not cook myself. I rarely cook chinese as I just cannot get the heat in the pan from an electric hob to cook it properly.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have a brilliant Indian takeaway not that far away. Lovely husband and wife team, watching him in the kitchen, you can see straight through to it, is fabulous. 4 pans on the go, the man is an artist 😄 .

Anyway, lamb balti is my go to, plain naan with it. It's fabulous so I have the same every time, boring but blimey it's good 😋. I appreciate a balti can mean slightly different things so to describe, it is similar to a Rogan Josh.

We don't have a decent Chinese takeaway nearby so we have stopped bothering. The rest, pizza, chips don't do it for me so if we are having a takeaway it is Indian every time. Not big users, once a month at most, often every two months.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Mmmm... Got to be a Chinese,

Full family of 4 order:
Singapore Rice Noodles
Special Fried Rice
Crispy beef with chilli
Kung pow chicken
Sweet and sour prawn balls
Spare ribs in BBQ sauce
Chips
Curry Sauce
😋😋😋

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Curry

Chicken madras
Pilau rice
Garlic naan
Poppadoms

Done

Other than that don't mind a cheeky KFC or subway for something quick

We got a burger place near work that's decent aswell had that last night as didn't have time to cook anything

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Curry

Chicken madras
Pilau rice
Garlic naan
Poppadoms

Done

Other than that don't mind a cheeky KFC or subway for something quick

We got a burger place near work that's decent aswell had that last night as didn't have time to cook anything

Without taking the thread off track, when does a takeaway cross the line into 'street' food , just a filled roll or a greggs etc :unsure:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Without taking the thread off track, when does a takeaway cross the line into 'street' food , just a filled roll or a greggs etc :unsure:

I think any food that is not eaten on premises or cooked at home counts. If I lived where you do I could quite happily live on Roti

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Well their all "taking away" but I get what you mean

Fast food id class Greggs, subway etc

Curry , Chinese more of a proper meal