takeaway trouble

dune19670

Medal Winner
Visit site
hi all,
im having trouble getting started with my takeaway, but i find that if i load my weight on my right side ( im right handed) before i take the club away, im ok.
but will this lead to more problems ???
im can also take the club away ok when i put my weight on my left side before takeaway, but then i feel there is too much lateral swaying when the weight transfers naturally to my right side when taking the club back.
has anyone else had this problem, if so what trigger do you have to get yourself moving or shouldnt i worry about it and just hit the ball :D

hope this makes sence
thanks steven

dune19670

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi dune. Have you tried just keeping the weight on the inside of your right foot going back?

thanks for the replies fellas,
ive just had a few practice swings with the, weight on the inside of the back foot feeling, and it feels like ive still got the weight on the right side but am a bit more upright, insted of leaning too far over,
i'll have to see how it feels tomorrow morning when i'm on the course.

SharkAttack

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A good trigger to use- set up to the ball then push your right knee slightly towards your left knee, it helps move your weight to the inside of your right foot (As Bob suggested) But it also gets everything started.

Shark