Tag Heuer - Golf Watch

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

Just had an email from Tag Heuer advertising their limited edition Golf GPS Watch, just £1600.00! :eek:
Does nothing any other GPS Watch does, why would you? apart from showing off or a status symbol.
On the plus side, you do get 3 Golf Balls with the Tag Heuer badge on.:unsure:

Hackers76

Visit site
I thought it was an all round smart watch. Mind you I just looked at the pictures in their marketing rather than actually bothering to read it. Way out of my range, bloody nice tho

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just had an email from Tag Heuer advertising their limited edition Golf GPS Watch, just £1600.00! :eek:
Does nothing any other GPS Watch does, why would you? apart from showing off or a status symbol.
The bold bit is what is all about. In our part of the world there will be people rocking up at Close House or Rockcliffe wearing one of these in the very near future. If you and your pp are all getting out of your Aston Martins, all playing PXG, what is next?

There will be people buying these, they are just not in our social circles o_O

D

Deleted member 16999

The bold bit is what is all about. In our part of the world there will be people rocking up at Close House or Rockcliffe wearing one of these in the very near future. If you and your pp are all getting out of your Aston Martins, all playing PXG, what is next?

There will be people buying these, they are just not in our social circles o_O
Speak for yourself;)
At least I’m on the email list. :p

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I thought it was an all round smart watch. Mind you I just looked at the pictures in their marketing rather than actually bothering to read it. Way out of my range, bloody nice tho

As Hacker says, this isn’t a golf specific watch. It’s a smart watch that is aimed at the golfing fraternity. They have a range of their smartwatches aimed at different people.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site

This is why anyone would buy a watch for more than a few hundred quid.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive seen Tag doing digital watches in the past and they are comparable with the mechanical watch prices.

No i am not a watch aficionado (but i do look) but I cant get my head around how they can charge the same price for a Swiss made time mechanism as they do for a Taiwanese circuit board.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Ive seen Tag doing digital watches in the past and they are comparable with the mechanical watch prices.

No i am not a watch aficionado (but i do look) but I cant get my head around how they can charge the same price for a Swiss made time mechanism as they do for a Taiwanese circuit board..

Because people will pay that price for the name.
You could sell some people a piece of :poop: on a stick and if it had the right name on it they'd buy it.

D

Deleted member 16999

As Hacker says, this isn’t a golf specific watch. It’s a smart watch that is aimed at the golfing fraternity. They have a range of their smartwatches aimed at different people.
The other smart watches start at a grand and the bumf states “specially designed for our new Golf App” £600.00 up charge is a lot for an App. :)

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Fun Golf GPS app is discontinued and replaced by a Tag Hauer app. I downloaded it and it is clearly just the Fun Golf GPS app rebranded, the same goes for their Apple Watch app too.