Swinley forest

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi. Is there a driving range at Swinley? What practice facilities to they have? Thx in advance

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's where I would like to play my 'For ever golf'...... as regards other facilities... I haven't a clue... Enjoy!!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
There is. From where you drive in, its round to the right of the buildings. Just park up and the pro shop will put you right. Tokens required but I can't remember if they were included in the day. Think they were. Decent practice bunker / chipping green next to it.

Putting green on other side of the clubhouse, back of 18th green.

evemccc

Visit site
From Google Maps it looks like there is a driving range - possibly not full length, but good enough.

I'm playing there soon and I cannot wait

That’s right…good chipping green and a driving range but don’t use your driver (possibly not allowed? As not long enough)

It’s superb, you’ll love it…Please play the 4th a lot better than I did tho😱

Count how many Lords and Barons are in the four-ball ahead of you…I think we had 2

Visit site
How would one get a round at Swinley? Looks incredible..

I think it’s started to become a lot more accessible in recent years, and basically phoning them is your best bet.

We had a 4 ball up for grabs in the charity auction so bid £200 per man and got it. Not sure how that really compares to their actual green fee.

D

Deleted member 1147

From 1 Oct the winter rate starts, which when I played was about £70 cheaper than full price, which at that time was £180. That was 2016.
I just emailed them nicely and asked for a teetime.