Golf Clubs - Star Ratings like Hotels

sjw

Visit site
It is primarily a problem about members slagging off the course which could be detrimental to the club's revenue stream from societies etc (which is why the rule was bought in the first place), as already pointed out the rule says 'may'.
Sounds very much like a "fingers in the ears" approach, rather than looking to understand why what has been said has been said.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
I was looking through the thread on here about the worst courses people have played, and it got me thinking that golf clubs should have star ratings in the same way that hotels do. This rating can be affected by the level of facilities including country club type facilities such as a pool and spa, as well as a driving range and other practice facilities. Also the conditioning and layout of the course, whether it's playable all year round etc. I wouldn't include any onsite hotel as this would have a seperate rating of its own.

Somewhere like Wentworth would be a 5* and your local council course with no driving range and poor conditioning would be a 1*.

Any thoughts?

Get Michelin on the case

sjw

Visit site
Get Michelin on the case
I was wondering how long someone would go before mentioning that. I started basically the same thread a few weeks back.