Swingweight question

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Am I right in thinking that if I take 1" off the end of my driver that would be 6 swingweight points? And that being so if I took 1/2" off that would be 3 sw points?
If I do that would I need to add 12g for 1" and 6g for 1/2" in the head (superquad so just replace the 1g weights)
I've bought a grafalloy blue shaft and am going for a 44 or 44.5" playing length, standard 45" in the superquad I think.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Those are the numbers.

But it's not quite that 'simple' as you are also changing shaft. Any difference in overall weights of the two shafts - and the weight profiles - will also have an effect.

Because you have some control over the sing eight with MWT in TMs, I believe it's better to build it at your desired length and then use this Estimator. http://www.leaderboard.com/SWINGWT.HTM

Having stated all that, I don't believe you will notice the change in swing weight unless it's hugely different.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for that, shaft weight is identical just wanted a lower launching shaft.
According to Tom Wishon at 34" wrist to floor I should be playing a 44" driver so think I'll go with 44.5" and add two 4g weights instead of the 1g weights to get the swing weight back up.