Swing Talk Golf Swing analyzer

Paul77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Jumped onto Youtube this morning and noticed the lad Rick Sheils uploaded a new video of this new tool called Swing Talk. I watched the video and came away feeling quite refreshed about this new technology hoping to help us all be better golfers.

It measures all sorts of things in the path. Alot like that Zepp system, but there's a plug that goes into the butt of the grip and also feeds back to an app on the phone. Here's the video.

[video=youtube;7eEKjbeUJYQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eEKjbeUJYQ[/video]

Overall it looks like it could be very helpful until I saw the price of it.

£177 on Amazon. What? Does it come with free clubs too? Endorsed, it seems by Robin Symes, a well respected coach it seems, and one I favour to be honest. Lets say you have the £177 lying around. I don't think it would be such a bad thing to have as a teaching tool for lonely trips to a winter range. Could be the next Christmas present? lol

So what do we think?

Good or bad?

BoadieBroadus

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
not used this but while these tools are useful to a point, there are certain faults that they can't pick up or correct. e.g. your lower body could be swaying all over the place and because this focuses on the path of the club it won't really tell you that unless you have video also.

i use the skypro which i find useful, but not foolproof - it seems to give similar info, but knowing the path of the club won't necessarily diagnose and allow you to cure every fault.

these little tools are ever improving though, i'd be happy with using something like this. but i'd try and get it from the states where it's probably £50 cheaper...

Paul77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Rick did mention to watch out for how you are positioned because it won't know anything about that. I think it won't be long before we have things like Trackman bag edition lol where you can monitor every shot on a practice round.

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
$150 in the US apparently, which is less than 100 quid, so could be worth getting it from the states....

Even so, £177 is still pretty good considering what information it provides you when you look at the cost of the big swing analysers such as Trackman or GC2 etc.

Looks very good, even just for the fact it can be used on a putter. Not sure how accurate some of the readings will be though when you have to line it up by sight but still a pretty cool gadget!

sawyerg419

Visit site
I am using it and it works well to me.

Better share my review with you guys if it's welcomed. I quoted it from other review forum I've posted before.

Here we go.

*edit: click to see bigger size of images.
==============================================================

I’m pleased to share my experience of SwingTalk by GOLFZON.

It’s one of swing analysers like SkyPro or 3Bays GSA but differs from others which talks to you about your swing. I bought it from Amazon.com US$149.95 and the bargain is carrying out now around US$144.

The shipping was around 1 week and safely packed with protecting things.

The first impression of SwingTalk was simple and simple. It seems like iphone package because of its colour – white.
IMG_6065.jpg
Overall size of the package is similar to iphone 5 and simply comprises of device, cable, and quick guide. The USB cable for charging is same as Android’s so that you can use your mobile charger if you use Samsung or Sony.

To start SwingTalk, you need your golf club and mobile. The device would put in the hole of grip firmly and it should be ready to go if the light is blinking when connecting to app.
Mobile phone should be prepared with SwingTalk app from google play or app store by free and turned on Bluetooth to operate. Then everything is done to play.

You can login with your FB or create ID for SwingTalk to sign up. I log in with FB.
swingtalk on club 1.jpgfirst screen after turning on.jpg

There are pros and cons I have experienced.

Pros:

• Recognise my swing sensitively and show the result immediately.
  • Announce club speed and tempo just after each swing’s done. I can choose to or not to hear the voice of two items on settings.
  • Provide 3D image of my swing and it can be played by various angles to swipe screen.
  • Able to track my swings whenever I want on ‘my statistics’.
  • Check detailed data such as angles (loft, lie, or shaft), cocking rate, face to address or path, club path, attack angle, and so on.
  • Easy to select clubs on main page and provide various types of clubs.
  • Able to control my goal for club speed and tempo, the measurement of speed or distance, and detail info to display on swing detail page.
  • No need telecom service or wi-fi.
  • Reasonable price.

Cons:

• Better to use in practice. You should need powers to put SwingTalk in different clubs when you’re on range.
  • Short durability but enough for more than 2 hours when I used it.
  • Need to hit balls or ground for valid swing. If it doesn’t hit anything, SwingTalk recognises the swing as incorrect.
  • Limited language support. Currently provides English and some Asian languages including Korean now. But English seems to be ok for other tongues.

Overall, SwingTalk was very interested and useful gear for me to know about my swing. You never know unless you record your swing by video camera every time or pay for lessons to professional coach but SwingTalk shows it easily in any place you can swing the club.

Hope someone can enjoy one’s swing by SwingTalk.

I’ll add some pictures of my record for your reference.

after swing 5 D.jpgclub select 3.jpg
It has putter to select your swing which other competitors do not have such as M-Tracer, Zepp Golf, or 3Bays GSA Pro. SkyPro and 3Bays GSA Putt are available the function on new version.

swing details 1 for sawyerg419.jpgswing details 2 for sawyerg419.jpgswing motion sawyerg419.jpgpersonal info setting sawyerg419.jpg

Spuddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Does it say what the figures mean, and what you should be achieving? Or aiming towards?

Theres a pro comparison that you can judge yourself against. Other than that it shows club speed, tempo, face angle at address, club path, face angle at impact, dynamic loft and a few more that I've not figured out

sawyerg419

Visit site
Does it say what the figures mean, and what you should be achieving? Or aiming towards?

Theres a pro comparison that you can judge yourself against. Other than that it shows club speed, tempo, face angle at address, club path, face angle at impact, dynamic loft and a few more that I've not figured out

Besides, it provides the principle of each item to click information button next to the items. You can find the buttons at the pictures on the end of my review.