Swing speed again

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So I posted an thread the other day stating my swing was 105 mph and yep I must of been smoking the green stuff when I got those figures as my actual swing speed with a 6 iron is 80-84 mph. So any help with shafts and yes I know it takes a lot more than the club speed but as I'm only in the market for a second hand set I feel I have only 3 choices, stiff, reg and Inbetween.

Any ideas ?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
So I posted an thread the other day stating my swing was 105 mph and yep I must of been smoking the green stuff when I got those figures as my actual swing speed with a 6 iron is 80-84 mph. So any help with shafts and yes I know it takes a lot more than the club speed but as I'm only in the market for a second hand set I feel I have only 3 choices, stiff, reg and Inbetween.

Any ideas ?

As you say there is more to it than swingspeed, but I think you are likely to be in a regular flex in a normal weight steel shaft, maybe something slightly firmer in a lightweight shaft.

Get to a range or pro shop with the Mizuno Swing DNA and ask for a go, and 3 swings later you should have an idea what shafts they would recommend to start with.

raj

Medal Winner
Visit site
Have you seem this?
[video=youtube;8MLDfgiJuFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MLDfgiJuFI&feature=g-u-u[/video]

Saw this today and thought it was quite interesting.

A

Alex1975

Have you seem this?
[video=youtube;8MLDfgiJuFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MLDfgiJuFI&feature=g-u-u[/video]

Saw this today and thought it was quite interesting.

Dont read to much into this, he has not talked about how smoth the transition, shaft weight ball flight or a number of other things. Mark is making a point that its not all about kit. He does a lot of custom fitting and does believe in it.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The point he is making is a very narrow one. And that is that launch angle, for a given player, is much more dictated by clubhead loft than shaft flex. OK, in irons that is fair enough.

But what he didn't show you was whether the spin rates and ball speed are different, or distance of the shot.

And it doesn't mean that the average golfer can switch to X100 shafts and expect to see no difference compared to their current regular shafts - they will certainly see a major difference and almost certainly not in a good way

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
With a driver SS of that, I would look for Stiff shafts if your looking for second hand.

As I said in my original post to yours, it does depend on the manufacturer but you are def not in a regular with that speed.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I play regular shafted irons and I hit it a fair distance. It's possible a slightly stiffer shaft may help my dispersion but i hate the feel of anything other than regular... and I'm not getting any younger :mad: Anything over a PX5.5 feels like an iron bar to me.

All my woods have stiff shafts though.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I play regular shafted irons and I hit it a fair distance. It's possible a slightly stiffer shaft may help my dispersion but i hate the feel of anything other than regular... and I'm not getting any younger :mad: Anything over a PX5.5 feels like an iron bar to me.

All my woods have stiff shafts though.

PX 5.5 is a shade stiffer than TT DG S300.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Based on frequency (CPM), PX 5.5 is slightly stiffer than TTDGS300. However, different people may have different subjective experiences because the flex profiles are different. PX is not as tip stiff as TTDG but some people find PX rather boardy, which is not surprising as that was the intention behind them.

The closest equivalent to PX in a Rifle or a PX flighted is 0.5 stiffer, i.e. PX 5.5 roughly equals Rifle or PXF 6.0.