swing check..

mag72

Visit site
first post- so hello to all :)

would appreciate a view on my swing, the below videos are pretty low quality but hopefully should show how it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac2hTNbociQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh9WghM7XzU

i dont have regular coaching at the moment, just try and 'tinker' with it myself.

my strength is my driving, iron play is currently weak & erratic. not getting consistent strikes and distances.

up until the last month or so i was only playing sporadically but i now have the time to play 2/3 times a week.

current gross scoring average is 80, mainly due to my aformentioned dodgy iron play. handicap is 4 and rising.

i do keep stats.

my shape is a fade.

thanks a lot.

NeilPlimmer25

Club Champion
Visit site
mag72

Great swing
All looks great as the swing starts
One thing that I would notice and comment on would be your set up position. You are standing extremely close to the end of the club. This will lead to a restricted body action throughout the swing and your impact position and balance will suffer (balance looks good on these swings though)

Try this.
At address take your right hand off the golf club and hang it directly from your right shoulder, you should ideally be able to swing this to the left and the right without hitting the end of the club.
You will probably find this difficult with the room you have between the end of the club and your body at address.

To practice
Hit 3 balls
Ball 1. Stand REALLY close to the end of the club and try and hit it.
Ball 2. Stand miles away from the end of th club and try and hit it
Ball 3. Now stand in the middle of the above 2 balls, this should be the perfect distance you should stand away from the end of the club.
Please note
This will still feel a long way away but at least with this practice you will have a measure

The more room your create at address the more freedom you will have in your downswing improving the consistency with your irons

Look forward to hearing how you get on

Neil Plimmer

mag72

Visit site
tried standing a good bit further back and although it took a while to get used to (particularly on the short irons) it definatley has made a positive difference and i feel i can get out through the ball much better. many thanks!