Swing Analysis

Nick_Toye

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi,

I've recorded 2 swings with my Nike app, but the slo-mo I got in the app has not translated to a format where I was able to share it. Bit of a flaw with the app, and I've opened a support ticket with them.

Down the line

http://cl.ly/S5ze

Face on

http://cl.ly/S5d2

Also, I hate to see myself on video, especially with such an erratic swing. :)

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
its like a bubba Watson, Arnold palmer, john daly hybrid ! I love it ! no idea how to help you improve it though. im sure the experts will be along soon enough.

lifting your front foot on the way back isn't recommended these days. my dad has always done it. have you tried swinging while keeping that on the floor.

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
its like a bubba Watson, Arnold palmer, john daly hybrid ! I love it ! no idea how to help you improve it though. im sure the experts will be along soon enough.

lifting your front foot on the way back isn't recommended these days. my dad has always done it. have you tried swinging while keeping that on the floor.

Yes, that looks a nice starting point. See what it feels like keeping that on the ground, as that will shorten your back swing consequently.

Nick_Toye

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
By front foot you mean my right foot?

Actually I see, you mean the left. Just watched it again in slo-mo and that is way way too high. I'll work on that.

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I try to help on these threads but hoping you take this as meant! You have too many swing problems to be sorted here, either go book some lessons with a Pro or speak very nicely to JustOne.

Edit: Seeing where you live the Pro may be the best way, it's a long way to JustOnes zone.

Last edited:

Nick_Toye

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I try to help on these threads but hoping you take this as meant! You have too many swing problems to be sorted here, either go book some lessons with a Pro or speak very nicely to JustOne.

Edit: Seeing where you live the Pro may be the best way, it's a long way to JustOnes zone.

No that's absolutely fine, its why I posted it. I'm very much a beginner as its been a fair few years since I really played. I'm getting lessons next week, just thought I would pop this up, almost like a before shot, and hopefully when I have had lessons, developed my swing more, the difference should be big.

Nick_Toye

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I agree with Socket here. Lessons are the way forward as too many faults to be sorted here. The foot lifting off the ground is one you can work on yourself though before any lesson.

Yeah I know, but I honestly didn't see it myself, so this thread has benefitted me already. :)

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No that's absolutely fine, its why I posted it. I'm very much a beginner as its been a fair few years since I really played. I'm getting lessons next week, just thought I would pop this up, almost like a before shot, and hopefully when I have had lessons, developed my swing more, the difference should be big.

if you start getting regular lessons then take a video every month or so. in a years time you will find it so interesting to look back at your old swings. when you eye becomes sharper, you will also notice if you are falling back into any old habits.

good luck, looking forward to seeing your progress. :)

D

Deleted Member 1156

He looks like he is 4 degrees out of alignment; no wonder he is slicing everything ...

No, that's deliberate. He is playing for the fading pull blocked stinger to keep it under the wind and get 180 yards of run on soft fairways. You should try it, great shot to have in your armoury ;)

Nick_Toye

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Went the range today and made a conscious effort to keep my left foot grounded. Even if I felt it lift I stopped my swing and started again.

Results were good, getting good distance with the driver, good flight and direction was pretty much down the target line.

One or two times I lifted my head up, but out of about 30 with my driver that wasn't bad. See it as definite progress.

Few over 200, which I'm guessing I could add a few more yards to that with a decent ball, especially with the carry forward too.

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
All good golf swings start with a good grip & posture. Good posture is an unnatural & uncomfortable position so if you feel good over the ball its a safe bet your doing it wrong. A good pro will set you on the right track but there are a lot of bad ones out there.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Here;s something you might consider too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eURbeXGkeCU

Notice the heels coming off the ground - not really a problem if done that way, and the left one gets back down pretty quick.

But a series of lessons seems the way to go - especially to get the basics of Grip, Stance, Posture and Alignment.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
It sounds like a broken record but like is always said on here go get a video lesson and work on getting the fundamentals correct. I strike the ball pretty well, but I had a lesson at the start of the year and he made a change to my back swing that has improved the quality of my ball striking no end. So it shows that no matter what your level of golf is there is always room for a lesson or 2.

Anyone who has seen my backswing will know exactly what he has done....:whistle: