Swing advice regarding stiff left wrist

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have been consistently hitting the ball well apart from my direction seems vague, sometimes going left, sometimes going right, not way out but I wouldnt be guaranteed to get on the green from say 150 yards, distance was fine just direction. Anyway today I tried a stiffer left wrist, if that makes sense. I tried to concentrate on making sure my wrist was straight at impact, and my direction is much better, but is it correct to have a straight wrist or is it just that I am doing something else as well?

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Looks like you guys all have lip wrists lol, come on chaps I cant afford another lesson until after my holiday, is a stiff left wrist good or bad on contact?

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stiffness says tension to me and tension kills distance. Are you confusing this with a straight left wrist?

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, maybe I am confusing it. What I have tried to do is be quite fluid with my wrists which means if I get it wrong the face of the club is open or closed, but if I keep my wrist straight then it squares up more and I hit the ball straighter, does that make sense?