Sweetwoods Park is in great condition

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Met forumer Adam6177 today for 18 holes and Sweetwoods Park was superb. Probably the best condition course I've played for a while and the views are just beautiful. Not one piece of the course looked messy/scruffy and we both graced it with some lovely golf.... (mixed in with the usual cack of course!). :mad:

The greens were the nicest I've played on for a long time, they were FAST and I love fast greens. Possibly about 11 stimp and anything above the hole was a simple touch-and-go.... and go.... and go. It would have been easy to putt off the green on several of the holes.

It's certainly a lot better than the last time I played there some 19yrs ago. On a Summers day it really is a beauty. One of these days I'll remember that I can take pictures on my phone :p

3 over on the front 9 and I managed 18pts for the first time in about a year... funny how quickly a blob and several 1 pointers can ruin a back 9 score :angry:

Adam, despite you finishing with 4x3 pointers in a row (you bandit!!) I worked it out that I had 31pts VS your 30pts?

So you owe me a pot of tea next time :whistle:

Thanks for the round, really enjoyed it. You should invite some fellow forumers for a 'mini meet' sometime soon :thup:

D

Deleted member 18121

You're very welcome James, it was a fun round and you're right, there was some great golf played.

Depending on which of my many handicaps I chose for today... I've got down 27 points (off 14). I'll take that on the chin. Starting the back 9 with 7, 4, 7, 7, 8 was never going to cover myself in glory. Oh and that drive on 18..... 292 yards 😉

It was nice to play with someone who really knows about how to swing a bat. It really has given me some food for thought and I hope at some point you can work something out to pass your knowledge onto others.

Thanks for the kind words about the course. I've always thought it was in great nick and I'd be happy to arrange a mini meet.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Met forumer Adam6177 today for 18 holes and Sweetwoods Park was superb. Probably the best condition course I've played for a while and the views are just beautiful. Not one piece of the course looked messy/scruffy and we both graced it with some lovely golf.... (mixed in with the usual cack of course!). :mad:

The greens were the nicest I've played on for a long time, they were FAST and I love fast greens. Possibly about 11 stimp and anything above the hole was a simple touch-and-go.... and go.... and go. It would have been easy to putt off the green on several of the holes.

It's certainly a lot better than the last time I played there some 19yrs ago. On a Summers day it really is a beauty. One of these days I'll remember that I can take pictures on my phone :p

3 over on the front 9 and I managed 18pts for the first time in about a year... funny how quickly a blob and several 1 pointers can ruin a back 9 score :angry:

Adam, despite you finishing with 4x3 pointers in a row (you bandit!!) I worked it out that I had 31pts VS your 30pts?

So you owe me a pot of tea next time :whistle:

Thanks for the round, really enjoyed it. You should invite some fellow forumers for a 'mini meet' sometime soon :thup:

Glad you enjoyed it James, love Sweetwoods, it used to be on our Society list a few years ago and always enjoyed our days there. A very picturesque back 9!
Keep the good golf going, we have our Founders Cup to defend! Will be in touch soon. :thup:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I've got down 27 points (off 14)

I've got you at 30pts as I don't count imaginary handicaps :rofl:

You might hit the ball better than most 17h/caps but until you can break 90 you can have your full allowance :rofl: :whoo:

Glad you enjoyed it James, love Sweetwoods, it used to be on our Society list a few years ago and always enjoyed our days there. A very picturesque back 9!
Keep the good golf going, we have our Founders Cup to defend! Will be in touch soon. :thup:

Chris I don't have an official h/cap any more as I haven't been a member at a club now for some 13mths. So I don't think I'd even be ALLOWED to defend it..... you could ask at the club for a ruling seeing as I left because I injured myself and (in theory) my h/cap should probably be more like 12 nowadays :mad: but I doubt they'd allow anyone in a comp without an official h/cap - champions or not.

D

Deleted member 18121

Ha ha cheeky sod 😆. Yep got you as 31 points. Next time we play I'll have that fade working and will score properly ☺

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Always enjoyed Sweetwoods, just a couple of holes on the back 9 I could never figure out how to play.