Surrey 5's - what's it all about

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My club has asked me to play for them in the Surrey 5's. I can't seem to find anything online so wondered if any one could shed some light on the topic

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Two handicappers 5-12 and three with handicaps 13-18. It is a straight knockout event. I represented Wimbledon Common a few times and it a fairly full on affair with very little banter between players 9at least in the ones I played). Its quite a prestigious event as far as it goes in the local area and so I'd consider it an honour to be asked. Some nice courses in there too so look at the draw and see who you've got and where you'd play in the next round

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cheers homer. I'm currently considering a club change so have to seriously consider this option before accepting but being asked to represent your club is always nice

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Bucks,Berks and Oxon (BBO) Union has one called the Hillman Trophy. PLayed some good courses as all the big clubs enter.
Similar format I guess, Singles Matchplay, although we had 3 low and 4 higher handicappers.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Life’s ok mate, just not really playing.

How’s you?

All good. Golf never really progressed. Enjoy it when I play and don’t miss it when I don’t. As with us all life gets in the way and continues to throw curve balls. Hope you make a meet next year

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
Really good comp. Match play with no halves. There are some cracking courses that enter it so fingers crossed for a nice away tie somewhere. You’ll normally get a courtesy from what I hear too! Play well.