Surprised By The Difference

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

I use my Garmin watch as my Golf GPS when playing at my home course.

The course isn’t the longest, just over 6000yds off the whites (3.4 miles), over the last few months I’ve noticed the distance walked between playing on my own and playing as part of a 4 Ball is on average an extra 1.3 miles, I thought it would be further but not as much as that.
18 holes on my own is 4.9 miles.
18 holes in 4 ball is 6.2 miles.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What do you put the difference down to? Is it simply looking for balls of playing partners, zig zagging the course to chat and be sociable or do you play better as a single golfer?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
What do you put the difference down to? Is it simply looking for balls of playing partners, zig zagging the course to chat and be sociable or do you play better as a single golfer?
Next time you're looking for someone else's ball try to keep a count of the number of steps you take.
It's a lot more than you think.
Do that 4 or 5 times a round and it adds up quickly.
Plus moving from the line of another players shot, shuffling around the green.

D

Deleted member 16999

Mostly what Imurg says, plus a few others, all 4 leave the Tee on a Par 4, I may be the shortest hitter, play my ball then instead of walking 50yds ;) to play my third I may walk to the side and with others while all 3 have played, then walk to the green, mark ball, move to side while others play, walk to flag to take out, etc etc, little things that add up.

D

Deleted member 16999

Screen shot of 1st Green/2nd Tee yesterday.
My “track” overlayed on Satellite image.
6E6D41A9-0816-4D11-ACFD-F17CE5E9F0B0.jpeg

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I play the same time most weeks, if I get drawn with a specific member of our group my Fitbit hits the 10k steps 1 or 2 holes earlier than if I don’t. Makes me laugh.