Supplementary marker rules- Scotland

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Desperately trying to get more good scores in before 2nd November as feel like I’m playing well but just falling short with the scores.

I’m playing on Thursday with a guest at my club- decent player (6 HC) but who left his club 2 years ago so handicap/cdh has lapsed.... is he able to mark my card?

Obviously knows the game and how it should be marked but I’m thinking without an active handicap he can’t mark it?

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's up to your own club to determine who may be a marker. You'll have to ask someone - your pro, manager or handicap convener for example.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Desperately trying to get more good scores in before 2nd November as feel like I’m playing well but just falling short with the scores.

I’m playing on Thursday with a guest at my club- decent player (6 HC) but who left his club 2 years ago so handicap/cdh has lapsed.... is he able to mark my card?

Obviously knows the game and how it should be marked but I’m thinking without an active handicap he can’t mark it?
There are no constraints specified in the CONGU regulations not in the Rules of Golf.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s ok I emailed handicap convenor who confirmed it has to be signed by another member which surprised me as I have a friend who’s uncle marked his card and wasn’t a member previously (but did have a cdh)

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s ok I emailed handicap convenor who confirmed it has to be signed by another member which surprised me as I have a friend who’s uncle marked his card and wasn’t a member previously (but did have a cdh)

This seems to be the common ‘rule’ but one I never understood. Certainly not in keeping with the spirit of the WHS

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Dave I would imagine it’s just a current rule and next month new rules will be in place to allow visitors to put cards in and mark them too (well I would hope so).

Where are you playing now? Have you been back to ER since you deserted us ?

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi Dave I would imagine it’s just a current rule and next month new rules will be in place to allow visitors to put cards in and mark them too (well I would hope so).

Where are you playing now? Have you been back to ER since you deserted us ?

Nah. Still waiting on an invite ?

I’m at Loudoun which is a couple of minutes from my front door. Makes sense to stay local given how busy I am. Good course and friendly membership too. Give me a shout next season if you want a hit- we’re into the winter programme now.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haha. Happy to get you over next season and would love a game at loudoun too never played it. We’re the same hollow tined greens now ???

JGolfer

Visit site
I feel you, I want to get more in, but my dad who is a member isn’t allowed to mark my card as he doesn’t have a hcap but if he did have one he could???

I only play with him and my partner (she is a member of a different club) which means I’m stuck with 3 qualifying rounds that I did after playing golf for 3 months last year.

Kind of makes no sense (though my partners club allowed me to mark hers)

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
The role of a marker, defined in the Rules, isn't all that difficult - ask, record, sign. A marker is not a referee, nor should be perceived as one.