Superspeed: Old Radar and PRGR help needed.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Anyone got the old blue and grey radar and the Prgr one? I’m getting different distances and both are inconsistent to what the swing feels so just looking for some setup advice on the Prgr.

The old radar only monitors the swing as it passes so good for assessing if my swing’s fastest point is in the right place and also why I’m ok with inconsistency in that. The Prgr is reading from behind so should get the whole bottom of the arc(?)and therefore I would expect it to be at least very close to the old monitor but sometimes it is quite low. I get that there’s the occasional drop off but the discrepancies seem too frequent to not be setup.

Thanks for any advice.

Albo

Visit site
Anyone got the old blue and grey radar and the Prgr one? I’m getting different distances and both are inconsistent to what the swing feels so just looking for some setup advice on the Prgr.

The old radar only monitors the swing as it passes so good for assessing if my swing’s fastest point is in the right place and also why I’m ok with inconsistency in that. The Prgr is reading from behind so should get the whole bottom of the arc(?)and therefore I would expect it to be at least very close to the old monitor but sometimes it is quite low. I get that there’s the occasional drop off but the discrepancies seem too frequent to not be setup.

Thanks for any advice.
Don’t have an old radar, so can’t help there, but do have prgr.

Are you measuring the speed sticks or actual club swings?
It suggests about 3ft behind the bottom of the swing arc is where the prgr should be placed, I also think the radar but at the front is important to get facing down the swing path.
Mine reads pretty well when set up like that, sometimes though it reads better slightly less than 3ft behind, it’s a bit temperamental. Worth experimenting with how far back it is.
I do find the accuracy of the prgr to be pretty good but as you say there are the odd one or 2 which measures daft numbers. Some of my driver spewing a have measure 125+ (I wish). But in the whole it seems… consistent, not sure what drive speed actually is but device measures a consistent answer most of the time, and as long as that consistent number is moving in the right direction I’m sure my swing speed is too

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Open to correction, and just an impression, but I think PRGR is more accurate on ball speed than head speed. Ball speed always spot on with pros machine. Head swing spead more variable, provably + or - 2 I would guess.
PRGR never misses a shot for me from the ground or a low mat when 3ft or so behind ball. Have to prop it up an inch if on one of the auto range tees with an inch or more plastic step around them.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Don’t have an old radar, so can’t help there, but do have prgr.

Are you measuring the speed sticks or actual club swings?
It suggests about 3ft behind the bottom of the swing arc is where the prgr should be placed, I also think the radar but at the front is important to get facing down the swing path.
Mine reads pretty well when set up like that, sometimes though it reads better slightly less than 3ft behind, it’s a bit temperamental. Worth experimenting with how far back it is.
I do find the accuracy of the prgr to be pretty good but as you say there are the odd one or 2 which measures daft numbers. Some of my driver spewing a have measure 125+ (I wish). But in the whole it seems… consistent, not sure what drive speed actually is but device measures a consistent answer most of the time, and as long as that consistent number is moving in the right direction I’m sure my swing speed is too
Sorry but I think your autotype has done you on the bold bit and I’m not getting it.

You raise a valid point otherwise though as I’m looking at swing stick readings and I might not have the PRGR high enough. 🤔

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Open to correction, and just an impression, but I think PRGR is more accurate on ball speed than head speed. Ball speed always spot on with pros machine. Head swing spead more variable, provably + or - 2 I would guess.
PRGR never misses a shot for me from the ground or a low mat when 3ft or so behind ball. Have to prop it up an inch if on one of the auto range tees with an inch or more plastic step around them.
It’s more like 20 for me with speed stick so will try popping it up higher to see if that improves things.

Albo

Visit site
Sorry but I think your autotype has done you on the bold bit and I’m not getting it.

You raise a valid point otherwise though as I’m looking at swing stick readings and I might not have the PRGR high enough. 🤔
Sorry yes it has.

Should read “I also think the radar bit at the front is important to get facing right down the swing path” while it sounds obvious, it’s easier when you have a ball there to hit down the line of there the radar is pointing, but without a ball, easy to swing slightly across that line which impacts the speed

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Sorry yes it has.

Should read “I also think the radar bit at the front is important to get facing right down the swing path” while it sounds obvious, it’s easier when you have a ball there to hit down the line of there the radar is pointing, but without a ball, easy to swing slightly across that line which impacts the speed
Aha! Yes, I know what you mean as it can be easy to misalign it but I line it up along the lines of the patio to make sure. Thanks for all the advice. 🙂

HPIMG

Visit site
People who use these, how the hell do you get any sort of tempo swinging left handed. Mines just arrived and had a few swings not set up the tracking device yet but omg swinging left handed is so slow and feels very strange, guessing it just sort of clicks after a while ?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
People who use these, how the hell do you get any sort of tempo swinging left handed. Mines just arrived and had a few swings not set up the tracking device yet but omg swinging left handed is so slow and feels very strange, guessing it just sort of clicks after a while ?
Assume you mean for overspeed training? It does start to feel more natural but still slower in my experience. When I started it felt like I had no clue how to do it.

HPIMG

Visit site
Assume you mean for overspeed training? It does start to feel more natural but still slower in my experience. When I started it felt like I had no clue how to do it.
Yes had a go on the speed training. It felt very weird I’ll just need to keep at it.

Albo

Visit site
I’ve been doing it a while and I still can’t get anywhere near consistency with left handed swing, it does get faster but never feels in any way normal

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ve been doing it a while and I still can’t get anywhere near consistency with left handed swing, it does get faster but never feels in any way normal
I wouldn’t worry Albo. It’s when it goes wrong in the correct direction you want to worry. 😉

Springveldt

Visit site
Yes had a go on the speed training. It felt very weird I’ll just need to keep at it.
I don't think it ever stops feeling weird. The non-dominant side just feels all wrong to me.

I've done Superspeed on and off for a few years now and it follows the same pattern. I start the season off miles slower than before so I get the sticks out. After 2 or 3 weeks I'm back up to the speed from the season before but my game on course starts going to pot as I'm getting quicker but can't control the face so stop it with the promise to start again in October. October rolls around and since I only have space to do it outside so it never gets done since it's dark and usually raining. Roll around April and I start again when I realise I'm 15 yards shorter than the previous season.

Saying this as I'm on my 2nd week of speed training again and I've got the heavy red one back up to 111mph on the blue radar from the 95mph I started at last week.

HPIMG

Visit site
Wanted to ask a question about the speed trainer, watched the video and starting today but wanted to ask will the prgr launch monitor track the speed sticks or does it only track a club hitting a ball ?

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
Wanted to ask a question about the speed trainer, watched the video and starting today but wanted to ask will the prgr launch monitor track the speed sticks or does it only track a club hitting a ball ?
Yes it'll track the swing speed without a ball and does it very well. You just need to play around with the best position to place the PRGR to get consistent results.

HPIMG

Visit site
What do people focus on in the training generally? What I did today was hit 3 drivers got pretty similar speeds for all 3 then did the full level 1 training and finished off with 3 drives . Seen a 5 mph increase on first session so was really happy. I didn’t really focus on speed numbers with speed sticks but obviously tried to swing as fast as possible. Was getting really fast speeds with green stick but that was lightest.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
What do people focus on in the training generally? What I did today was hit 3 drivers got pretty similar speeds for all 3 then did the full level 1 training and finished off with 3 drives . Seen a 5 mph increase on first session so was really happy. I didn’t really focus on speed numbers with speed sticks but obviously tried to swing as fast as possible. Was getting really fast speeds with green stick but that was lightest.
Just focus on the programme itself. I swing 3 drives at the end but that is my only edition.

Albo

Visit site
I focus on swinging each of the sticks faster than the last, I keep stats on the lightest stick and driver, I know the speed I get with driver I can’t get on the course, but know my overall speed is faster without having to swing out of my boots

HPIMG

Visit site
On my 2nd week of training I do a Monday, Wednesday and Friday and always do the training before my round but was running late today so did it after my round.
There was a little drop on my fastest before the weight sticks I was roughly 3 mph slower than my usual and after the training I was 4/5 mph slower. So would that be because I had just played 18 and wasn’t fresh or maybe just a slower day. Do people generally train before the round or after ?