Sunningdale Old and New 23rd and 24th July 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 17920
  • Start date

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
OMG !!!! THank you to everyone for pointing out what an utter plonker I am. I have no idea how I ended up booking this place. I was searching Sunningdale....honest....This came up....honest.....I just don't understand???????

Cancelled now though.... THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!!!!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
:eek::eek: Oh Crazy.... reminds me of the story of a gang of Americans who checked in to the St Andrews Hotel in Torquay and asked for a taxi to The Open for the following morning .....

....that’s what happens when the northerners come South!

Search WOKING or BRACKNELL or BAGSHOT or ASCOT ;) It isn’t in London!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hmmmmmm I don't feel quite so stupid now. I've tried the search again.... and low and behold the place comes up AT THAT PRICE !!!!!! BUT......when you access the cheap price the site that is advertising it then shows another DIFFERENT hotel WITH THE SAME NAME !!!!! and has been pointed out, to much mirth and merriment, nowhere near the original one shown. I use these site a lot so will be taking a little bit more care when clicking on the book button.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
There is a Talbot Inn in Ripley.. not too far from Woking!

But you gave us all a laugh!!

I stayed here last year and just rebooked for next, decent place, easy drive to Sunningdale, easy parking, food and beer on site. Not as cheap as CF's place in Shropshire, but you might make the start time!!

Last edited:

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
any news regarding a Monday and/or Thursday round? will there be one. have to arrange flights and accomodation and they all require exact dates

D

Deleted member 1418

Thankfully Rob at The Addington has been superb and got what the forum is about (y)

And he still gave you a deal after you confirmed trolling, arguments, slagging people off? Amazing bit of negotiating! You should be at the forefront of the Brex..........no I can't type it!!!! 😉😂😂😂

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/t...onday-22nd-july-day-before-sunningdale.99149/

Monday round now posted on a separate thread.

I did try to get a top notch course nearer but they are asking for way too much and I did try to keep the extra course as a reasonable price.

Thankfully Rob at The Addington has been superb and got what the forum is about (y)

Just a bit of advise, for those playing The Addington and then Sunningdale on the next day and staying down this way, you will be much better off staying close to Sunningdale in the evening rather than trying to get around the M25 the following morning.