Sundridge Park Thursday 24th September

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am organising a mini meet as above. Maximum of 8 players including myself.

I've got a couple of interested already so looking for 5 others.

The plan is 18 on the East Course, grab something to eat from the canteen, and then 18 on the West Course followed by a beer afterwards. If you don't want or feel able to do the 36 then 18 is fine although some buggies should be available for the likes of Smiffy. :D :D

Cost is likely to be in the region of £22 for 18 or £35/40 for 36 (not finished negotiations yet), plus any food and drink that you want, plus buggy if required.

No prizes but suggest a fiver in the kitty for each course and the winner on each takes the kitty. Usual side bets apply.

If anyone would like to have a meal afterwards, Thursday night is restaurant night. There is a small a la carte menu with decent grub from about £8 upwards and jacket and tie are NOT required but after 36 holes you might want a shower and change of clothes.

The club is about 7 miles from the City of London in Bromley. www.spgc.co.uk

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whatever you decide within your own 4 ball - front 9, back 9, overall etc

To anyone interested, bear in mind that wherever you are coming from, an early start from home will be needed due to rush hour(s) and school run traffic.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just as an aside....

If you fancy this and haven't played Sundridge Park you are really in for a treat. One of the nicest parkland courses I have played and the greens are absolutely superb. I played here with Leftie about 6 weeks ago, (just played 18 on the East course), and was really impressed with the condition and layout. The West is supposed to be a little more hilly than the East, but I found the East course to be fairly easy going. Couple of holes towards the end that I cocked up because you are given options off the tee.........unfortunately I chose the wrong one in both instances!! Looking forward to playing the course again when hopefully I won't make the same mistakes!
As I say, well worth a visit.
Rob

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's a shame they did away with the half penny. I used to love playing skins with him.... ;)

Didn't cost you too much on those stakes, did it mate. 18 holes skins only cost you 9 pence each time.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only just got my new timetable and I cant make it. Sorry mate.

Im still off Fridays so keep me in mind next time you arrange something.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sure is mate. One or two may wimp out after 18 but I'm game for 36. As Smiffy and a couple of mates are coming up from the coast I've left it to him to suggest a time to meet. Traffic into Bromley can be slow in the morning peak time.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Sure is mate. One or two may wimp out after 18 but I'm game for 36. As Smiffy and a couple of mates are coming up from the coast I've left it to him to suggest a time to meet. Traffic into Bromley can be slow in the morning peak time.

Still waiting to hear from Norman whether he wants to play 18 or 36. As I will be picking him up on the way, I guess it's important!! Will know for sure by this evening....

If we are going to be playing 36 I think we're going to have to tee off by 9.30am at the latest so as Leftie says, we will be hitting Bromley right on rush hour....which won't be nice

I will phone you tonight Rog if that's ok????
;)

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Re: Sundridge Park Thuper handicaprsday 24th September

Leftie.

I'm not too far away and am free that day. Any chance of a game? Do not know if I could manage 36 though as I've never tried it.

Haven't got a proper handicap but willing to hack my way around anywhere.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Thanks for the interest Pants.

I'm afraid you are a few hours too late for the last place but I will put you on a "standby" list if that is OK by you.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site

For those who are coming to Sundridge on Thursday using the A21, may I suggest programming your satnav to bring you in via Bickley Station. This should be quicker than coming through the centre of Bromley at that time of the morning.

If anyone wants more detailed info, please PM me.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Just like to say a big "thank you" to Roger for what turned out to be a fantastic day in gorgeous weather. The courses were both in tremendous condition and are a pleasure to play on. Was good to meet up with "Chippie" (Paul) for the first time yesterday too. Great company.
I apologise to Roger & James for winning the money in the morning.
And to Bob for winning the money in the afternoon.
And to everybody else for winning the money in the overall Stableford in the afternoon too.
:D :D :D ;)

chippie

Visit site

Yes, great day Roger 2 fantastic golf courses, great value. Nice to meet you all,just a shame I brought along my golf clubs :eek:.