Sundridge Park Thursday 24th September

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Re: Sundridge Park Thuper handicaprsday 24th September

Looks as if the new big stick is going well Smiffy?

The good news is that he has got rid of his hook. :) :)

The bad news is that on the 8th, West Course, I'm sure he must have hit the 4.47 out of Elmstead Woods Station to London Bridge twice with his sliced tee shot and provisional. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Re: Sundridge Park Thuper handicaprsday 24th September

Looks as if the new big stick is going well Smiffy?

I'm straightening it out finally Bob.
Tried various options but find that just placing my hands slightly more forward at address is having the desired effect.
When I do connect with one it is definitely longer than the G10 but at the moment I'm not quite as confident with it. Hopefully that will come...
I started my morning round by opening the club face up a little but the first half a dozen drives had a bit of a fade on them which wasn't helping. I got the hang of it after that and started hitting some good ones. Nice low flight and lots of roll. The big blocks that Rog is talking about came towards the end of the 2nd round where to be honest, I was getting knackered and putting a tired old swing on it. I know I've mentioned it once or twice but I'm suffering a little with the old tennis elbow at the moment and all joking aside it is affecting my swing a fair bit. Not quite so bad with the woods/hybrids because I know in my mind I should be "sweeping" the ball away, but with irons where I know I should be hitting into the back of the ball I am subconciously quitting on it for fear of jarring my arm and subsequently it is affecting my distance and commitment to the shot quite badly. At Sundridge on Thursday I didn't hit many greens in regulation due to bad iron play but luckily my chipping and putting helped me to put a score together.
I really should be resting it but have been talked in to going out again tomorrow. The course we are playing usually has a fair bit of grass on the fairways so I am hoping that this will convince me to get through the ball a bit better. Highwoods is bone hard at the moment and is the last place I want to play to be honest.