Sunderland Waterproofs

Matty

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Any opinions on here about Sunderland waterproof gear?

I'm thinking of buying so waterproof kit so I can play more golf and not be as put off by the weather.

UA / Galvin Green etc have a pretty loyal following but they seem to be premium priced.

I'm looking at something like:
http://www.thegolfshoponline.co.uk/sunderland/waterproofs/sunderland-player-jacket-waterproofs/
http://www.thegolfshoponline.co.uk/sunderland/waterproofs/sunderland-player-trouser-waterproofs/

But I've also considered non-golf brands like:
http://store.berghaus.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product8_11201_10252_4-32907_-1___

Any opinions are welcome! :)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Sunderland are a good brand - been around a long time and know what they're doing.
I've had Sunderland before and it's worked well.
Not gruesomely expensive either.
Don't discount Proquip either.

T

thecraw

Sunderland are now owned by Glenmuir I believe.

Decent kit.

bayjon14

Assistant Pro
www.seapointgolflinks.ie
Be careful with goretex kit, Make sure the seams are glued as the stitched seams can let the water through.
I have a sunderland casual full zip coat and it is fantastic. The guys are right dont discount, Proquip, or the Mizuno range is very good also.
The other option is the local outdoor shop and get some good Alpine Lowe or Berghaus.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I have just replaced my old Sunderland suit which has been pretty good for 5/6 years, with a new light weight one from the same company. It must be good cos, since I bought it, we havn't had any rain!

Chris

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I had a Sunderland suit a few years' ago and it was very good and could recommend them.

Incidentially it had a Sunderland motif on the arem and I was at leeds aiport going on holiday.

A Guy vcame up to me and said, 'Doing wel' to which I replied pardon and this happened 3 times until he said finally Sunderland are doing well at football!!!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I've had sunderland suit for about 8 years, excellent suit, jacket a bit noisy now and the zip has gone after 8 years so think I'll get the one you linked to, trousers are fine with mine so just the jacket required, the golf shop online ok to buy from as theres a mizuno wind top thats also recommended

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I have exactly the same as you have linked to.
Bought the jacket around 2 years ago then followed up with the trousers around 12 months ago having been fed up of soggy crotch syndrome whilst wearing cheap nasty waterproof keks. Both items are breathable which means they can be worn without the fear of them holding perspiration which non breathable types do.
Believe me, there's nothing worse than playing golf on a drizzly warm summers day with rivulets of water/perspiration trickling down yer arse crack!!!;)

Sunderland is first class gear which I can highly recommend. Many swear by Galvin Green, not for me though, I don't play enough or earn enough to warrant such expensive waterproof clothing.:eek:

Matty

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks too all of you - I'm not a brand name golfer (just check my sig!!) so I'll happily take your combined advice and give this Sunderland kit a go.

I've never used this site for buying either but they look pretty legitimate to me. Credit Card or PayPal just to be on the safe side though!!