Golf Waterproofs

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
I was fortunate enough to be selected to do the GM Galvin Green waterproof testing tomorrow at West Hill. I'll write up how I get on. It looks like we'll have good weather, to test waterproofs in anyway! 

I’m the other lucky tester for tomorrow... worryingly having just checked the West Hill website the course was closed today, so not sure any ‘testing’ will happen on the day :(

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I asked for recommendations for waterproofs four years ago and went with Galvin Green jacket and trousers. I play several times a week throughout the year and I can say that they are excellent, as I have never been anything but bone dry.

Yes, but you have to play in the rain to really test them :rofl:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m the other lucky tester for tomorrow... worryingly having just checked the West Hill website the course was closed today, so not sure any ‘testing’ will happen on the day :(

I have heard that they are putting on the sprinklers on the 1st green just for you.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looking at Galvin Green waterproofs now :whoo:!!

How do they fit, are they big/small? I normally always go for a Medium in Puma and know that fits, but with waterproofs do you tend to go up a size to allow for the additional layers?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

How do they fit, are they big/small? I normally always go for a Medium in Puma and know that fits, but with waterproofs do you tend to go up a size to allow for the additional layers?

galvin green tend to fit on the snug side, at least for us larger blokes they do! would definitely find a shop that has some and try for size before buying

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
GG has a size chart on their web - I found them an accurate fit.

Remember the Distance Selling Regs, for mail order are your friend, so order your normal size and the next size up- keep the best fit and return t'others.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I got to test Under Armour gortex waterproofs at West Hill last month. Can fully recommend though not cheap compared to non gortex ones.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I always go up a size to allow for layers in the winter but have my normal size and a lighter weight set in the summer.

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
GG has a size chart on their web - I found them an accurate fit.

This... the top and trousers I received to test were based purely on the sizing chart and they fit really well. On most of the GG tops there is a chest adjuster under the arms that also helps tailor the fit.