Subs renewal notice arrived today..................

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
..............is this the best value golf in the UK?

My subs renewal notice arrived in the post this morning and for a years full membership it's £210 which includes £20 worth of bar vouchers!!! In these recession-hit times, you surely can't go wrong at that kind of money.

OK, it's 'only' a 9 hole layout, but lots of work has been carried out over the winter, including lengthening two of the holes and creating a ditch across one of the fairways so that you have a risk/reward long/mid-iron approach to the green.

Managed to squeeze 9 holes in yesterday morning before work and shot 40 (my best ever score for 9), so hoping that this bodes well for my first ever handicap cut this coming season. :)

B

birdieman

I get full membership at Ballater for £220/yr. Very good value for a decent 18 holer. :rolleyes:
Not much winter golf though! :(

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
My fee is 260 for 18 holes over 5500yrds open all year round played 200+ times last year £1.25 per round.Won just over £200 in money and vouchers virtualy free golf,bargain

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Golf in the Cairngorms is pretty cheap. Carrbridge and Nethybridge are not more than £120, both 9 holes and Spey Vally has dropped to £350 ish. Not much in the way of winter golf though, under snow for at least 4 months sometimes.Boat of Garten is around £300 i think!

C

CannyFifer

£160 for a well maintained 18 holer and £2 a round weekday and £3 weekend. the course is excellent and in a great location but the original posters course sounds ideal.

matt01

Head Pro
Visit site
what can i say you all seem to have very good deals i would be happy for that to land in the post i am £500 for the year ok i can play in the winter and is 18 holes but some 9 holers are just as good as a 18

just one would how much would it cost to turn up and play

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Most clubs in the North West are around £750, mine is £610 as I qualify for family membership with my brother.

I am a little envious of the membership fee's for Scottish clubs !!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm dreading my invoice coming in. They've already banged my locker rental up by £5. Dead expensive and when you're on temps like today you wonder if its value for money. OK I know it is for the amount I play and practice and that the greens need protecting but when you see how little the OP is paying....

Society_Fan

Head Pro
www.rigsgolf.co.uk
£200 quid for a year!!! I'd give my...
If I was still a member of my local good, but not outstanding clus I'd be paying £100 a month for 10 months!
A 9 hole course would suit really well at the moment with work and family.
Enjoy the golf, and I might move up that way, just for the golf!

jedsta20

Club Champion
Visit site
I pay £330 for seven day green fees to the council because it's a municipal and £140 yearly club membership , don't think that's too bad. Extra £30 for my locker.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
£600 plus for me, though the new prices haven't been given yet. I would imagine nearer £700. Though we do have 2 x 18 and a par 3 9 holer. No winter greens, and though it gets a bit muddy (clay base), It rarely shuts.

Golf clubs are so expensive down here, when compared to up north.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
About £550.00 will give me 25 rounds under my fairways membership at Highwoods.
I've only played about 12 times there this past year so it's working out bloody expensive for me.
Thinking twice about re-joining.

T

thecraw

£860 all in this year which includes a £50 bar levy!

Thats my savings account taken a dent again!

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
About £550.00 will give me 25 rounds under my fairways membership at Highwoods.
I've only played about 12 times there this past year so it's working out bloody expensive for me.
Thinking twice about re-joining.

Playing at home can work out reasonably cheap. Playing away too often works out very expensive :eek: :eek: :D

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Playing at home can work out reasonably cheap. Playing away too often works out very expensive :eek: :eek: :D

Yup.

Just ask Tiger. :cool:

Dunno what you're suggesting about Smiffy tho' :-
a) I wouldn't have thought him that kind of bloke
b) I can't for the life of me imagine what his chat up line would be.
c) I don't think there are that many blind women in Sussex.

:eek: