What area of your game impressed you?

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I've practiced quite a bit over lockdown and everything clicked back in to place pretty quickly, there were of course the odd misdemeanour but on the whole pretty good. Greens were bobbly and slow and not to my liking and I left a few putts inches short but happy with a first round 81 including a nice birdie start!
Farewell course.
On to pastures new on Thursday and new challenges for the year.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Nothing, not one thing. 6.6 and couldn't break 90. Despite all the practise these past few weeks there was not one aspect of my game that gave me any feeling of satisfaction.

It's not the end of course, only the beginning. I'll be playing again on Friday, then Saturday and practising in between. It's how I got there in the first place.

Fabia999

Visit site
Driving. all but one were down the middle lost no distance either.

been in 3 bunkers over 36 holes and i thinned all of them about 40 yards :(
chipping around the green has been bad too, especially when its not in a good lie. any suggestions? been bump and running a 7i

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Driving. all but one were down the middle lost no distance either.

been in 3 bunkers over 36 holes and i thinned all of them about 40 yards :(
chipping around the green has been bad too, especially when its not in a good lie. any suggestions? been bump and running a 7i
If it's scabby rough around the green and you're worried about blading the chip, trying putting it with your hybrid. I did it twice to good effect yesterday. You can't really knife it across the green that way, but the hybrid should still pop it out of the rough nicely and run it up to the flag.

D

Deleted member 1147

Long game was pretty good
Chipping needs work
Putting was a lottery as the greens need more growth and were a bit inconsistent.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My two new clubs

Driver .. first hit out the blocks never ever swung it before

Straight down middle .. 220

4 wood. Took a few shots to get used but 600 yard par 5 .. 3 shot 200 yards out

Pin high side of green

Up and down

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Driving was average at best very low launch.
So put my driver shaft in my 3 wood it’s a beast and only 5 yards behind where driver normally is.
Short irons not good.
Putting was great.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
My ability to accept a bad shot and move on! Was the 5th hole before I really connected off the tee. Short game seemed sound, but damage done well before then, a few topped shots, a few blocked ones. Finished 12 over after 9 but given I was 6 over after 2 holes that wasn’t too bad.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
My driving, best it's been for many years!
If anyone's interested, this is why.
On the range, everything was starting slightly right before veering off quite badly.
I strengthened my grip and this made the ball start straight before turning right, it just helped me to square up the club face.
I sprayed the face of my driver with some athletes' foot spray powder and realised that every strike was high and off the heel.
I then switched from a pink to an orange castle tee and moved an inch or so away from the ball so that I was addressing it with the toe of my club.
Another quick spray and boom!
Centre strikes every time and all went long and straight. It was, for me, a light bulb moment.
On the course every drive except one was straight and, for me, reasonably long.
My bad drive was a 50 yard pull, centre of the next fairway.
The golfing Gods were smiling on me that day, the real test will be next week and beyond.