Submitting Cards

MarkKipper

Club Champion
Visit site
Was playing well all through the summer, mainly just solo rounds or knocks with friends but consistantly shooting mid eighties. Anyway, had six weeks off where I didnt pick up a club. On my return I've finally got my act together and got myself out with some fellow members to get some cards marked. Trouble is, the three I have are shocking! 95,93 & 91. I know I can play better and will do once I've played a bit more now.

My question is: Do I just stick these cards in and take what I'm given or should I try and get a couple of better ones to give me a more accurate handicap?

Thanks.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Get them in as they are any blow up holes (triples and above) will be rounded to doubles anyway and the h/cap is off the
Lowest card so it's not massively far off mid 80's.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I'd wait until you got a couple more, but if they are pretty much the same, then put the 3 best in.

Playing with a card being marked can be quite different to 'bounce' rounds.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would agree with PBrown - you should submit what you have shot straight away.

However, if you play further rounds with members I would also submit those cards if you feel they better reflect your capabilities (if they don't they won't have an effect anyway!) and any good handicap committee will consider all the evidence presented.

It's in everyone's interest to have everyone correctly handicapped - but the crux of it is that that's what your 3 cards are.

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
I remember thinking earlier in the year when i put my cards in i could potentially start on single figures yet here i am at 15 but i began on 17. For me atleast anyway golf which affects my handicap is much more difficult and stressful.