Strike pattern with driver (and most other clubs)

TigerTime

Visit site
So been experimenting at the driving range, bought myself some athletes foot powder to see where I'm striking on the face these days. Very consistent strike pattern throughout the bag for the most part. Did try and play around with it a little but mainly just wanted to see what was what so next time at the range I know what I'm working on. Since my driver fitting is on Saturday I'll post these (3 different sets of shots). I know some of you will just say go for a lesson but I'm quite enjoying figuring things out on my own for now and the previous set of lessons I had didn't seem to work in the medium-long term.

First set
Second set
Third set

You can imagine a similar scenario throughout the bag really, until I get to the higher lofted clubs where it's slight more up on the face. Could be a simple set up fix or a swing fault who knows but thought I'd share anyways. I feel like I'm bottoming out the driver too quickly and therefore maybe hitting too up on the ball and catching it at the top but in fairness there's also a few good strikes there. Someone with more knowledge (perhaps a pro:LOL:) would know better than me. Maybe tee it higher and decrease the loft (I use the pink castle tees on the course) and my ball flight does occasionally look too high.

Would be interested on any immediate thoughts from people. Shape wise, it's either a straight left pull or a fade.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Without seeing the swing etc my thoughts are you are hitting too low down on the club face if that is a driver. I have read that with modern drivers the sweet spot is slightly above centre.

Realisticly more info is needed to know if you hitting on the up ( which I understand is what you should be trying to achieve) and maybe the ball is too far forward or if you are hitting on the down.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
As others have mentioned would need more info, but in the interest of leaving no straw unclutched - maybe ball position is slightly too far forward?

D

Deleted member 21258

Your strike pattern is not really dire, its 'quite' consistent.

For a driver you need the strike to ideally be in the top half and normally for most people toe side, practise focusing on strike, it surprising how you can improve just by focusing on it.

As suggested above, try moving ball back and see what that does to strike and flight(as likely to move path more in to out).

Bets of luck.