Straight Shafted Putter

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone using a straight shafted putter or centre shafted putter? Observations, pluses and minuses.

Do you find them easier? Anyone used one and gone back to the standard kink necked putter?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Used a centre shaft putter that went straight into the head without any bend in the hozel area if that's what you mean?

Hated it. Ok on short ones but could not get the hang of distance control at all.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I have an Odyssey #5 centre shafted putter, which I've had for years. Why did I go to a centre shafted putter? I find it a lot easier to line up and, although I don't know definitively, I feel it doesn't twist quite so much on off centre hits.

I've twice dabbled with another putter but returned to it each time. I have recently tried an Odyssey 0-works R-line CS putter and I must say I'm very tempted.

Would I go back to something with a kink in the shaft or into one end of the blade? No.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I use an Odyssey White Hot Pro #2 Center Shaft. Love it - got as my previous putter used for >25yrs was a Acushnet Bullseye and pro reckoned I would struggle with anything that looked too different, and prior to that as a John Letters Golden Goose mallet - all straigt shafts. Prior to the JL GG was a little cut down hickory shafted putter with a nicely bowed shaft:)

Can't imagine using any of the funny-fangled contraptions I see about

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have only used centre shafted putters for around 25 years.

Helped me to reduce the number of the slight pulls and develop more of a straight back and straight through swing. It gets the ball about an inch closer to the body which makes it easier to get the ball below the eyes.

The only change, about 15- 20 years ago, was a switch to a mallet style putter. Last two putters have both been Never Compromise great markings for lining up, face balanced and heel toe weighted.

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use a centre shaft blade and it really helps me keep the putter square at impact and feel like the ball starts immediately on the right line. Big fan.