Stiff or Reg?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi Leodis i took 2 demo 6 irons out today Wilsonstaff FG Tour Irons similar to paddy harringtons as im going to buy them.
One had the R300 and the other had the S300.
I had no problem hitting any of these clubs even though they are supposed to be " Players Clubs".
My driver swing speed is 108 mph i have stiff shafts in my woods and driver and the only difference i could see in the irons and echoed by my pro is that the R300 will ngive a little more distance but as an earlier post said the S300 is more accurate. I hit this 6 Iron within a yard 175 yards as a mate had a gps checking my distance....Also the dispersion from both clubs was tighter than my current clubs.
There is only 3grms difference in both these shafts weights.
The flight with the R300 was high whereas i got a more penetrating flight with the S300.
Im currently off 19 and i have wilsonstaff Di7 irons with uniflex tx105 shafts which i always hit with a fade.
With the FG Tours i was either drawing them something i could never do with an iron or hitting them fairly straight...
I know my opinion can be taken with a pinch of salt but i said it may be of some use to you.

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would go with the S300 shafts if your dispersion is tighter. This will also help your handicap come down and youll find theyll be easier to hit in the wind if your getting a more penetrating ball flight.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Hope this is not considered a Hi-jack, but what's the correlation between reg/stiff when graphite is the material. For instance, I use reg steel shafts in my irons, however some regular hybrids with graphite seem really too soft for my swing. (Cobra probably a bit too soft, whereas Ping reg/graphite are ok). Is a reg steel a bit closer to a stiff graphite ?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hope this is not considered a Hi-jack, but what's the correlation between reg/stiff when graphite is the material. For instance, I use reg steel shafts in my irons, however some regular hybrids with graphite seem really too soft for my swing. (Cobra probably a bit too soft, whereas Ping reg/graphite are ok). Is a reg steel a bit closer to a stiff graphite ?

Again, depends on the brand. Grafalloy Blue, for example (not Prolaunch, mind) in Reg is pretty stiff, but some stock shafts in stiff are a lot softer. Weight is also a big factor with graphite, and some drivers use pretty light shafts (<60g), which increases your speed and probably needs some counterbalancing with more stiffness to maintain control.