Stealth shafts for the slower swing

oleinone

Visit site
Any experience of the senior Ventus Red or Fujikura Airspeeder 45? Got a fitting next week but still interested to hear forum views.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
No experience but I’d always recommend going in without any preconceptions. A decent fitter will get you in the right shaft and explain why. I’d also be trying different brands of clubs too. My bag is quite mixed.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not on your list but the Evenflow shafts are lovely. My backswing was getting too fast and jerky and as a result was throwing me all over the place when bringing the club back down. I figured that if I go for a shaft that is designed specifically for smoother transitions it'll teach me to be more relaxed on the way back, it worked. I can still give it welly through the ball (currently around 108mph which isn't bad for a fatty) while the takeaway is far smoother and without a shadow of a doubt this has narrowed my misses with the driver.

I went for a stiffish 6.0 70g shaft but there are lighter versions in both the black and blue editions. Being honest, I can't tell the difference in weight over my standard 60g fujikura so wouldn't worry about going for the lightest shaft but the fitter will know best.
From a lesser important but still nice to have aspect, they are fantastic looking shafts too, I have the black lower spinning version and it has a mackerel type transitioning effect and the logo looks pretty nice too.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My mate usually plays senior flex* but has just switched his shaft on the Stealth to a Speeder in reg and is getting on with it really well.

I think he had the Evenflow in it previously.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

Not on your list but the Evenflow shafts are lovely. My backswing was getting too fast and jerky and as a result was throwing me all over the place when bringing the club back down. I figured that if I go for a shaft that is designed specifically for smoother transitions it'll teach me to be more relaxed on the way back, it worked. I can still give it welly through the ball (currently around 108mph which isn't bad for a fatty) while the takeaway is far smoother and without a shadow of a doubt this has narrowed my misses with the driver.

I went for a stiffish 6.0 70g shaft but there are lighter versions in both the black and blue editions. Being honest, I can't tell the difference in weight over my standard 60g fujikura so wouldn't worry about going for the lightest shaft but the fitter will know best.
From a lesser important but still nice to have aspect, they are fantastic looking shafts too, I have the black lower spinning version and it has a mackerel type transitioning effect and the logo looks pretty nice too.
I have an evenflow shaft on my driver as I have a smooth tempo