Staying behind the ball & extension

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
Had a lesson this afternoon with my pro, and it appears some old habits have crept back into the swing, namely:

a) not getting enough width on the takeaway, and bringing the club inside too early/too much.
b) losing height and getting ahead of the ball on the downswing,
c) release is either too soon in the downswing, or not at all and I'm steering the club through impact,
d) not extending the club enough down the line through impact, rather I'm pulling the club back inside too early.

So, I'm looking for some good drills to work on to address these areas .. I'm sure I asked this before following an earlier lesson, but I can't find the thread.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I sometimes slide too much ie get ahead of it, and hitting shots at the range with something under the outside of my lead foot sorts me out, although I don't know if any pro would advise doing it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yes, he gave me a couple of drills to work with, but I was looking for others to help and complement the drills he's given me.

Personally, I wouldn't want to over complicate matters and would try and work with what he gave you first before expanding on that. I know from my own experiences its easy to over complicate it and get very lost in what you were trying to do initially. Don't want to be a party pooper and if you find other drills to help then great. I hope you get back to hitting it well

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Personally, I wouldn't want to over complicate matters and would try and work with what he gave you first before expanding on that. I know from my own experiences its easy to over complicate it and get very lost in what you were trying to do initially. Don't want to be a party pooper and if you find other drills to help then great. I hope you get back to hitting it well

I would agree with Homer.

Your pro may have given you those specific drills not just to help with the issues you have, but your swing overall.