Starting a comp from the back nine

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just wondering can you do this?

For example tomorrow I see when I plan to tee off there is a large group heading off. I can't go earlier due to work.

As I know the course will be quiet is it against the rules to play the back nine first and then the front nine?

Would mean I could play my round in about 3 hours instead of 4/5 hours due to the large group. (Likely non golfers)

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nope.
Unless it's a two tee start and you have been designated to start from the 10th then unfortunately you're away off the 1st

Could be a competition without a start sheet? Isn't it more a qustion of whether the club itself permits an alternative tee start? At ours, we have three permitted start points for general play - a player in a "non-sheet" comp can start at any of the permitted places.

Would certainly make a card play-off/count-back interesting in the event of a tie.
Wouldn't make any difference - a multiple tee start would count-back using the same 9 holes on the card (presumably the back nine) regardless of where the player started.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Could be a competition without a start sheet? Isn't it more a qustion of whether the club itself permits an alternative tee start? At ours, we have three permitted start points for general play - a player in a "non-sheet" comp can start at any of the permitted places.

Wouldn't make any difference - a multiple tee start would count-back using the same 9 holes on the card (presumably the back nine) regardless of where the player started.

All the right answers in one post...

The "stipulated round" consists of playing the holes of the course in their correct sequence, unless otherwise authorized by the Committee.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

It would do in my case in this heat.
I'd much rather have my back 9 count if I started on the 10th in this weather.
I'll be jaded coming down the final stretch in 35 degree heat.
Blob, blob, blob finish would not be out of the question.

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I just started on the 10th along with the other three men. Was a lady's match out on the tee and was at least 12 of them to go out.

If they told me I couldn't do it then I just would not have entered same for the rest of the men with me and then there was another group came behind us. The clubs not in a position to turn down 8 mens money on a men's competition day.

And We would have started at the 1st if men out in front. But the standard of the ladys wasn't that good. They be looking at the guts of 5 hours. With us going off at the 10th and letting the men on the 9th play in front of us a we got the 18 played in around 3 hours.