Stand/Trolley/Electric

Andre Linoge

Medal Winner
Visit site
When I started playing Golf around 2002 I always had a push/pull trolley, I had not thought about a stand bag until a few years ago and love the fact that it does not restrict me moving around the course the way my trolley did, and until I'm not able to carry anymore I will stick to carry, what do you prefer to use ?

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Either:

carry - if not too hilly and not too much gear's needed (brolly/waterproofs/etc)

or

Electric trolley if waterproof bag or lots of stuff's needed

This time of year it can be a pain with roped off areas etc so prefer to carry

Couldn't imagine using a pull trolley, the invention of the electric trolley (and even manual push trolleys) was a wonderful thing

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Use an electric trolley and cart bag, Enough room for everything I need especially this time of year and a cape goes over it in the rain and keeps everything waterproof. Works well for me and I will only carry in the summer

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Electric trolley for me. I'm walking about 5 miles around our course anyway so walking a few yards extra for roped off areas is neither here nor there. My bag carries everything I need for a round of golf whatever the weather (and in Scotland that can happen all in one day) so an electric trolley really helps there.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Push Trolley.
I play most of my golf at The Zoo which is fairly flat. You don't need an electric one for that.
If I played hillier courses I'd have one though.
Carrying aggravates my dodgy right ankle. Luckily, we use hedgehogs in winter so, unless there is a trolley ban ( very rare) I can push all year round.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I use a push trolley in summer and carry my bag in winter (with a slightly reduced set of clubs). I use the same (carry) bag all year round, though. it fits on the push trolley quite nicely, so I've not really seen the need to buy a second bag. I might do that for next summer, though, mostly since my current bag is not waterproof.

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Up until a couple of months ago I carried all year round. Had a few issues with my back so I’ve moved to a push trolley. I’ll use that all year round now cos my home track allows trolleys with hedgehog wheels over the winter.

D

Deleted Member 1156

18 holes in decent weather.....pencil bag every time.

36 holes or inclement weather........electric trolley.