Stableford scoring.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
I actually asked the question in the pro shop the other day when a rep from a company was there... his take was the 15th slot for alignment sticks... Which I found strange because you would not take them out on a normal round of golf so didn't see the point..His reply was well think logically, most people who use a cart bag are lazy, so they aint going to walk back to the motor after a practice before teeing off to drop them off are they... Sounds stupid to me..

I see many players in tournaments with sticks in their bags. I expect they come straight from the practice ground to the first tee.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
F i f t e e n c l u b s ......................................nobody is going to call the police.
No, but someone may legitimately call you on it. I don't know why people want to come to a Rules forum and continually advocate not playing by the Rules; baffles me, maybe just trolling?

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry. Just expressing from experience what one is likely to find in that 15th slot. Shan't bring it up again.
As someone said earlier, the number of slots in a bag do not indicate how many clubs you are permitted during your round. The Rules provide that limit, not bag manufacturers. Heaven forbid!

DickInShorts

Visit site
I suspect a lot of bag manufacturers had designs and tooling for 14 clubs within the bag and then added a putter/wedge we’ll on the exterior.
hence places for 15 clubs

I’ve used the extra space for either an umbrella or ball retriever in the past.
my current bag doesn’t have an external putter well - and I only carry 13 clubs anyway

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
The only requirement in the Rules is to enter the gross score for the hole, whether medal or stableford. There is no requirement to enter stableford points. If the hole is not completed, leave it blank, enter 0, /, x, NR or .......

Well, I'll get it back on track. Surely it's not a good idea to leave a blank if there is no stableford score - would it not be better to put a -, NR, or something else positive. It does happen that a marker can neglect to record a gross score. We know that should be picked up when checking and signing the card, but, how often does the player just sign without checking if he/she has had a mediocre round.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve just come back from a weeks golf in America and we were paired up with native Americans every time. Great company to play with but not one of them stuck to the rules, mulligans, throwing the ball out from behind a tree, not counting every shot etc. My mate was quite shocked at first but if it’s only social golf why make it harder when nobody cares. Got to really like their attitude by the end of the week.