St Pierre Golf Club -Chepstow

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Morning all,

Has anyone played here? I have an overnight stay coming up, playing the old course on the Friday, and the Mathern Course on the Saturday.
All I can find is run of the mill reviews online.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not for a couple of years but found both courses there fine, not amazing but not bad by any means. You'll enjoy it. Take plenty money as the bar isn't cheap if I recall

Fish

Banned
Visit site
You'll get very mixed reviews.

1 course much better than the other, which is the norm at these resorts.

Was very busy (5hr round) but it moved, lots of societies on the day, especially over the weekend.

Would I go back, only at a push, been there, done that didn't blow me away but was OK.

The accommodation was excellent in their village of houses, the food was very good and they looked after us very well, but again like many resorts, the drink prices are well hiked up.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played there in the regional qualifier for the GM Centenary Comp. Wasn't blown away by the place. General run of the mill resort type course and the old course is ok (some decent views). Pace of play was good and the condition of the course was generally decent too. Not a must play in my book but you'll be ok there. Very expensive in the bar though as others have said

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys. I always thought it was going to be fantastic as I think some big events have been played there in the past? But everything that I can find seems to say "yeah good but not great". I'll make sure I take your advice on board on re-mortgage my house for some drinks at the bar! :D

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Amazing place, although my views may be impacted by watching miracle at medinah unfold there on the Sunday night of a lads golf break.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played there a month or so ago. Nice set-up but was really wet and the growth spurt had no yet happened so it was not in good shape. Course was packed so over 5 hours to get around.

Not one I would rush back to play but overall a decent venue. Food was good if a little expensive.