Sports opticians

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
Morning,

Was at the golf club over the weekend and got talking to someone and happened to mention that my daughter has started wearing contact lenses to play golf, she mentioned that she had to take her son who plays golf to a sports opticians for his contact lenses specially for golf due to the viewing field of the contact lense. something to do with when you glance out the side of your eye.

I was wondering if anybody has heard about going to special opticians for golf or any experience of it ?

thanks

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is this not the same as going to a sports physio,as to just a physio.
A lot of players on here have contacts,including myself.
As long as there fitted correctly,i woudnt think there was a difference.

MembersBounce

Club Champion
Visit site
Sorry I don't know about sports opticians but what about wearing glasses to play in? I only use my glasses to drive (my car, not hit with my driver) but tonight I wore them on the range if only to see the ball at distance in the fading light. I'm not sure if I hit the ball any better but I am sure I could see where it ended up better. Think I will try them on the course. I don't want to get contacts for the little that I need to use my glasses.

Last edited:

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
Just a report back, i spoke to a sports opticians yesterday and he basically said there is no need to change the contacts my daughter is using. The contact are such good quality nowadays its not an issue.