Cross country running

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s that time of the year again,and one of my favourite viewing sports.
Usually free and usually free parking.
Most of the trouble is they are all over the country.
You get your regional championship then progressing to the English schools and national championships which could be anywhere in England,this year is Nottingham and Sefton park, not Liverpool.
The Schools this year is good for my son as he’s the top of his age group,the Nationals which he won’t enter as only a week apart he would be in the wrong year to be competitive.
Anyone else watching or has a son or daughter running?.

Mandofred

Visit site
Always liked CC.....ran for a bunch of years and coached a fair bit as well. 1st placer for my county (Bucks) at Inter-counties back in 83 or so.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I used to participate (not compete) a lot in XC. My preferred races were the Metropolitan league, but also ran the southern XC champs a couple of times and the nationals a lot. In a good year I had about 10% to 12% of the field behind me, in a bad year about 10 to 12 people who ran that race for 50+ years already. So I am slow, but it is still the best race to do, beats the London marathon hands down.

My favourite was the nationals course in Birmingham (2005ish) next to the old Rover factory. The downhill start and thousand runners had all the car alarms going off.

Since my health issues I don’t watch much running so won’t go and watch it this year either. But plenty of people I know will be competing and participating, so I have a read of it after.