Spikeless shoes

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
my eccos are on their way out after 3 years:(.

I'm in the market for some new spikeless shoes.

I'd go Ecco again...but they did stretch a little and I don't really want to spend £150.
I'm looking at dry joy casual or Adidas grip more. I'd like something wearable straight from the box, no breaking in etc

Anyone got any experience of the above??

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Got the Adidas a few weeks ago (mk3's) wore them three times so far & really comfortable, no issues and very lightweight, the knobbly bits do seem a little firmer than my ecco streets so will be interesting how they hold up but they are plenty grippy

Being so light I do wonder how they'd cope with UK weather so I'd prob keep them for summer type of golf, I think my eccos would hold back the rain a bit better

Oh I had to go for the wide fitting for adidas spikeless which I didn't need on adidas spiked shoes

Paul77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You could just wear trainers from the golf section. I hear they are all the rage. Mate of mine bought them last week and they look just like gutties you'd by from JD Sports. I'm more of a soft spikes kind of guy, but each to their own.

Svenska

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The missus bought me some Ecco spikeless for Christmas and they are incredibly comfortable but having seen the price tag i'd rather have had the cash! Footjoy spikeless are the business, tried some on recently and for half the cost.

dougieb

Medal Winner
Visit site
I've got a pair of the Adidas and have to say I really like them. Can't compare them to any other models as my first pair of spikeless shoes - no complaints here though.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got the Adidas a few weeks ago (mk3's) wore them three times so far & really comfortable, no issues and very lightweight, the knobbly bits do seem a little firmer than my ecco streets so will be interesting how they hold up but they are plenty grippy

Being so light I do wonder how they'd cope with UK weather so I'd prob keep them for summer type of golf, I think my eccos would hold back the rain a bit better

Oh I had to go for the wide fitting for adidas spikeless which I didn't need on adidas spiked shoes

Cheers, Yep it's just for the summer.

Footoy M-Project are great :thup:
They look like Cornish pasties :eek:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nick, I bought some Adicross III a few weeks ago, Sub 50 quid and comfy straight out the box. look just like the gripmores, just a more standard "astroturf" type sole which i have not had an issue with at all.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nick, I bought some Adicross III a few weeks ago, Sub 50 quid and comfy straight out the box. look just like the gripmores, just a more standard "astroturf" type sole which i have not had an issue with at all.

Cheers, I actually prefer the colour scheme on the adicross, but was unsure if they were grippy enough. I'd hate to be needing more grip. If only Adidas could help me out :)

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers, I actually prefer the colour scheme on the adicross, but was unsure if they were grippy enough. I'd hate to be needing more grip. If only Adidas could help me out :)

I havent had an issue playing on damp mornings, frosty. Wouldnt want to play in them mid winter when its boggy maybe, but i would be surprised if you slipped in them. I bagged a 20% off from direct golf.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I tried on a pair of Adicross at the weekend and was amazed at just how poor they were at supporting my foot. It was like wearing a pair of Converse.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
TBH i would always pay the extra for Ecco, no stretching from any ive had.

Interesting as I've had no issues with Eccos either. But to be honest I'm not sure I've ever experienced stretching in any shoes. In jumpers and other clothes when they get put on the wrong wash cycle yes, but not shoes. Or may be they have and I have not noticed.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have puma monolite.

They haven't fallen apart yet. Available at a discount in a few places.

I found them extremely comfortable, but obviously how a shoe fits is hard to predict for someone else.

Grip is fine in summer conditions, including dew/light rain.

It is astonishing how much lighter than normal golf shoes they are - the pair is 500g (just over a pound in old money) lighter than my dryjoys. There are a number of theories about how much energy this might save, but in backpacking people talk about a pound on the foot being equivalent to five pound on the back. Runners consider that for every 100g they save on shoe weight, they save 1% of the energy expended.

Just think, you might not have to trawl through all of those 'how do I refuel on the golf course threads' ever again.....

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I love my Adidas Gripmore shoes, so much so that when I got home on Saturday after a couple of hours chipping down my club, I realised I still had them on only when I got in the hall and had left my normal shoes in my locker, so comfortable, no breaking in, great grip and easy to clean.