Adidas Codechaos shoes

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just a quick review to post my impressions of these new shoes. I've got the white, grey and and green version.

Out of the box, they are the most comfortable and lightweight golf shoes I've worn. I'm not normally a fan of Adidas golf shoes, they aren't usually a good fit and tend to make my feet quite sore. But these Codechaos shoes are so light, yet supportive, and they wrap around the foot so well.

The spikeless grip design is excellent. No slipping or loss of traction, even on my undulating course which has lots of slopes and inclines.

The design is ultra-modern, and definitely won't be to everyone's taste. I can't see them going particularly well with long trousers for example, but with shorts they look great and I have never received so many positive comments about how a pair of golf shoes look ! 10/10 so far. I'll update this score if I find any negatives about them on a longer term basis.

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah, the white and lime ones are what I bought, and they rock ! :cool:
Sizing is spot on my normal shoe size for me, no need to go up or down. I'm a size 11, and the Codechaos size 11 fit perfect (y)

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Autumn Wind you owe me 90 quid for a pair of Adidas golf shoes that I wasn't intending buying this morning ?.

I'm normally 10.5 or 11 and was surprised how snug a fit the 11 are, ended up with size 12 ?.
m
Maybe 11.5 (which they don't do) would be perfect but I've just thrown out a pair of Skechers that I thought would stretch and never did, so didn't risk the 11.

Colours are darker in real life than any images I've seen online.

The cheque is in the post my friend ??

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was thinking of getting a pair of these so glad the initial reports are positive

Well James, I really do love my pair. It’s like walking on air. And because Traminator is so easily influenced ?, I’m guessing you’ll get the benefit of his verdict soon too ?

PaulS

Visit site
Adidas have a sale currently at 30% off so I managed to get a pair the other day - they are good shoes if you like the athletic look.

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm interested to hear your review once you've worn them Barry.

It might just be me, but I own a lot of golf shoes (far too many pairs) and I find these the most comfortable pair I've worn. As I said, I've never got on at all well with Adidas golf shoes in the past, as their fit usually give me heel blisters.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I would never buy Adidas shoes as they are usually too small for my wide feet. However, I won a pair of Adidas Powerband Boa a couple of years ago and absolutely love them. They have a wider toe section, are light, wonderfully comfortable and I love the Boa fastening system. When I put them back on at the start of last season I realised I had forgotten just how comfy they are. I do agree however that the fabric they use at the back of the heel in most golf shoes goes far too quickly and easily.
I would never buy a pair of shoes without trying them on first though.

Visit site
I'm interested to hear your review once you've worn them Barry.

It might just be me, but I own a lot of golf shoes (far too many pairs) and I find these the most comfortable pair I've worn. As I said, I've never got on at all well with Adidas golf shoes in the past, as their fit usually give me heel blisters.

The shoes arrived yesterday and tried them on and first impressions are very positive.
I ordered half a size up as I have had issues with adidas shoes being a bit too narrow for my hobbit feet in the past but these seem wider in the toe box and fit perfectly.

The colour on the top of the shoe is more grey than white as I had expected but looking back on the pictures on the Adidas website I'm not sure why I thought they were all white?
Having said that I really do love the colour scheme - I'm a sucker for something a bit loud when it comes to trainers so the green is perfect.

Going to try them tomorrow evening for a quick 9 holes and really give them a proper run out on sunday morning so will report back about how they feel but so far so good!!

D

Deleted member 15344

Wore mine for the first time today - I always find Adidas shoes a lot more comfy than most and these are no exception - very light , but still prefer the look of the 360 XT so have another pair of them on the way but the chaos are excellent shoes

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wore mine for the first time today - I always find Adidas shoes a lot more comfy than most and these are no exception - very light , but still prefer the look of the 360 XT so have another pair of them on the way but the chaos are excellent shoes

These shoes are a revelation for me. I’ve always liked the style of Adidas shoes, but they’ve given me nasty blisters in the past. These Codechaos shoes though are fantastic. So light and comfortable and the traction is as good as spiked shoes in the 6 or 7 rounds ive played in them.

Visit site
I didnt manage to get out to try the shoes on Friday so had to wait until yesterday morning.

In short I was really impressed with their first outing. 18 holes in sweltering conditions and they were so comfortable right out of the box. no breaking in needed at all like a lot of previous shoes I've had and was in no rush at all to get them off at the end.

Would definitely recommend them - just a pity they couldn't help me with my worst round in the last 12 months - at least they looked good whilst I hacked around the course.

Definitely my best lockdown purchase by a mile

Last edited:
Visit site
Hope this doesn't burst the CodeChaos love-in ?, but has anyone else found out yet how filthy they get?
Three games on our dry and dusty course, wiped down after the first two, but dirt is now ingrained in the material of the tongue and lace loops. ?
V comfy though.
I played again today and did actually notice that when I gave them a dust off at home.
I suppose the only thing I can do is buy a darker pair of the boa ones to solve that issue ?

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hope this doesn't burst the CodeChaos love-in ?, but has anyone else found out yet how filthy they get?
Three games on our dry and dusty course, wiped down after the first two, but dirt is now ingrained in the material of the tongue and lace loops. ?
V comfy though.

Yes, after several rounds they do seem to be a magnet for dust and dry dirt. I usually put white trainers in the washing machine to give them a thorough clean. I’m not at the point where I need to do this yet with these shoes but I can see me having to do this.