Spey Valley Golf Trip/Overnighter???

T

thecraw

I'm now hooked on the forum outings having finally managed along to one!

I was wondering; given the positive exposure and reviews on Spey Valley if anyone would be interested in an end of season golf trip to Spey Valley. I spoke to Steve and Andy who were both interested in playing Spey Valley. I have been lucky enough to play it and would recommend it to anyone.

I was thinking/proposing sometime in September so it gives people a bit of notice and a chance to earn enough brownie points with their partners and children(if applicable!). If anyone has any specific dates in September that they fancy feel free to post them and we can see what suits, both midweek and weekends.

They are doing a fourball for £200 or if we can accumulate a grand total of 12 bodies they are doing a great deal of £59 per person which includes tea/coffee and bacon rolls on arrival and a 2 course meal afterwards. And a free "goodie bag" whatever that entails!!!!!!

I would probably be interested in an overnight trip and another game the following day at either Boat, Kingussie, Granton or Newtonmore to blow away the cobwebs. Aviemore and the surrounding area has no shortage of accomodation to suit all budgets so depending on what you drink it shouldnt be that expensive a trip!!!!

Thoughts?

http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/aviemore/golf/

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
If its a weekender than it would suit me probally cant make midweek that time of year unless it during school holidays. Will know once a date is finalised.

Any photos of the course. Cant get any from the website

Putting_Green_Pro

Q-School Graduate
www.heyrosegolfclub.com
sorry i think the 7+ hours coach drive is just too much. would much prefer a more central course, as surely everyone wont make their own way to Spey Valley, will they? If that were the case I think loads of people would be put off by that.
I propose that, from where everyone would meet for the coach, we find a course near there a play there.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
sorry i think the 7+ hours coach drive is just too much. would much prefer a more central course, as surely everyone wont make their own way to Spey Valley, will they? If that were the case I think loads of people would be put off by that.

Its not meant for everyone on the forum to go. Only folk that are interested in playing that particular course.

Feel free to orgainse a game on your own door step Pete.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
How about Saturday 12th September or Saturday 19th September ,anyone any other ideas to get the ball rolling.Think it will be just us guys from north of the border who will play in it.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm Interested as i only live down the road in Inverness.

Been meaning to play here for the last couple of years but can't get anyone else to play or pay the green fee.

T

thecraw

Well thats a four ball any way, another 8 and we can take advantage of their even better offer.