Sore toe nails

mikegthomas

Visit site
Has anybody else had this problem and if so how did you cure it? Only happens when playing golf from hole 10 or so. Have changed shoes,socks, tried various gizmos suggested by podiatrist but no better. Might have to pack it in if can't sort it. Any suggestions welcome.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Has anybody else had this problem and if so how did you cure it? Only happens when playing golf from hole 10 or so. Have changed shoes,socks, tried various gizmos suggested by podiatrist but no better. Might have to pack it in if can't sort it. Any suggestions welcome.

Funnily enough I was suffering with this yesterday, only on my big toes - I would say going a size up may help.

albie999

Visit site
I used to have the same problem, with a pair of Callaway shoes, my big toes would go black after the round and hurt for a few days. Ended up changing shoes, bought the Inesis shoes, and since then, no problems at all ... so, at least for me, it was down to good (or in the case of Callaway, bad) fitting shoes

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have it sometimes as well. I have pretty broad feet, especially at the toes (neanderthal as my missus calls them) and I find that after some rounds my toes hurt but it does depend on the shoes, as has been said. I tend to now make sure my shoes have as much toe space as practically possible and also keep my toenails trimmed to reduce the issue.

Robin Hood

Visit site
It could be that when you set up to play your shot you sub-consciously either curl your toes or raise them.
Over time this will cause discomfort, especially if your shoes are quite snug fitting.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I find I have this in spikeless shoes wide fit FJ pro sl.
But less so in soft spikes .
You might be subconsciously gripping your toes into the shoes.
You should look on the footjoy website ,there’s a list of how the shoes are constructed on the last and it might be you need more room in a wider toe section.
Have you had your feet measured on a Brannock machine in your pro shop.
Footjoy do fitting days for shoes ???
I have different size feet and you can order a pair in different sizes to suit.
Also Thousand Mile socks can help with this.

mikegthomas

Visit site
I find I have this in spikeless shoes wide fit FJ pro sl.
But less so in soft spikes .
You might be subconsciously gripping your toes into the shoes.
You should look on the footjoy website ,there’s a list of how the shoes are constructed on the last and it might be you need more room in a wider toe section.
Have you had your feet measured on a Brannock machine in your pro shop.
Footjoy do fitting days for shoes ???
I have different size feet and you can order a pair in different sizes to suit.
Also Thousand Mile socks can help with this.
Just bought extraxwide footjoy after a Brannock fitting but no better yet

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just got FJ traditions wide fit.
Noticed both my little toes were hurting.
It’s where the leather creases ,it’s squeezing my toes.
Both little toes are now bruised and I can’t wear the shoes .
Will have to let them settle and sort some form of protection until I break the shoes in.
“ I hate new shoes”
Will have to go down QE2 route she had someone to break her shoes in for her.:eek:

nyckuk

Visit site
I've noticed the same thing a few times , nothing to do with my golf shoes
I havent got the best balance and I think/know the harder i swing the club the more i grip down with my toes . So doing that 60/70/80 times a round it going to to feel sore .I know mine have felt quite bruised in the past .
Also havent got the biggest back swing so i try to apply all the power on impact and thats when i really grip down .

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I used to suffer this with my dryjoys. I found that certain socks (higher percent of polyester) would make my feet slip forward, especially as moisture soaked down into the shoe or my feet were sweaty.
I changed to a more breathable shoe with a less slippy in-sole.